RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: T/C component prices?

Boolit Master

T/C component prices?

I've know the prices have been getting high on the T/C ML components for some time. Have been looking and thinking about a faster twist barrel for mine and just amazed at what things are going for these days. What did I miss or not understand? The below other than being original and slow twist for RB is over $435 for just a barrel!! You can get a new Rice or GM at some point for that.
    Last edited by Pressman; 01-09-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeadWoodDan View Post
    I've know the prices have been getting high on the T/C ML components for some time. Have been looking and thinking about a faster twist barrel for mine and just amazed at what things are going for these days. What did I miss or not understand? The below other than being original and slow twist for RB is over $435 for just a barrel!! You can get a new Rice or GM at some point for that.
    Prices have doubled in recent years. Look around get a drop in.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pressman; 01-09-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Boolit Master
    Buy a trashed bore barrel on fleabay and send to Bob Hoyt and get rebored or relined in the twist of your choice =problem solved/Ed

Boolit Master
    Both of you are correct. My question is why are these original items bringing so much? That barrel sold for more than a new GM or Rice barrel ready to install.

I dunno, I was just on Gunbroker looking at complete guns and was surprised how low the bids were.

^ Though I did see the laughable prices parts are going for on Ebay. I guess they're buying them cheap on gunbroker and splitting them up on Ebay.
    Last edited by cas; 01-09-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    Former cylindersmith.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadWoodDan View Post
    Both of you are correct. My question is why are these original items bringing so much? That barrel sold for more than a new GM or Rice barrel ready to install.
    Stainless Green Mountain barrels are going for staggering prices. I heard of one that was close to 1000.00 dollars. I bought two that were 75.00 each.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by idahoron View Post
    Stainless Green Mountain barrels are going for staggering prices. I heard of one that was close to 1000.00 dollars. I bought two that were 75.00 each.
    Yea $75 days are long gone never to return. S.S. GM barrels do bring a premium for the right buyer/seller. I've known prices are on the rise with these but just can never understand the ebay buyers.

Boolit Master

I bought a GM dropin barrel for my T/C Hawken from TOTW, 32" 66 twist that turned my gun into the gun I always wished it was, a rb shooting machine that looked, handled and shot well. Cost was around 250$ didn't that was bad at all.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'll second the idea of letting Bob Hoyt re-line or re-cut to a new caliber as the way to go. The man is a master. Tell him what you want to shoot - RB or Conical - and he'll give advice on the right solution. Way cheaper than a new drop in and you keep you ML original-ish.