Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 2021- woke up a rude surprise...

Happy 2021- woke up a rude surprise...

...my truck was gone. Somebody stole my truck this morning at about 5:30. My neighbor picked it up on his security cams...they were in and out in less than 30secs. No broken glass, no delays, didn’t even wake the dog. They got past my door locks (easy), alarm system (more difficult), and ignition kill switch (even more difficult)...all in less than 30secs.

It was our only vehicle, and contained my garage door opener, which I cleared the codes for immediately. Also inside was my baby’s car seat, some misc personal effects, and a bunch of tools.

I think I’m more upset that somebody took my baby’s fancy chair than anything.

So I took a floating holiday today, and have been on the phone with various agencies most of the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Bummer. Ive had 2 motorcycles stolen here in STL. Hopefully your experience will be like mine, insurance paying up to cover it all. Still doesn't help with the feeling of being invaded.

We have an car seat our toddlers grew out of. Be happy to send it to you

Banned

The only thing I've had stolen in 24 years in the same home is a 1974 Johnson 20 HP outboard.
    However, right now in this area someone is cutting catylitic converters off of peoples vehicles in the wee hours. Cops told one guy it's been going on for a couple months. They just slide under the car/truck/van and cut the pipe or bolts and they're gone. They tried to get the one on our churches van but something must have interupted them cause they didn't get the job done.

Banned
    that sucks, what's wierd is I had a dream about a vehicle being stolen but this was a van

I hate to say this but IF they were that professional I wouldn't put your hopes too high on getting it back.

Did any of the neighbors cams pick up their vehicle (probably stollen also )

Boolit Buddy
    Tankgunner59, the same in pa someone is cutting catylitic converters. I don’t have the problem do to I Built my home in the middle of my property. But when I worked night shift it was a problem. They have been cutting them a lot in the past 5 years and it doesn’t take a lot of time to get them off. The make and model and year means a lot on the value that the junk yards will give.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Banned

I lived in El Paso for about three years where car theft is a real problem. I knew quite a few people who had cars stolen, one similar to yours. A friend of ours had a custom ordered Silverado and was up and running to the front door at the first dog bark and by that time they were already rounding the corner a block away, called the cops and by the time they answered it had already been seen crossing the border never to be seen again. The guys who make they're live at doing this are not ameteurs. The El Paso times did a story, took a guy who was doing time for it, gave him a few basic tools and a locked late model F-150, took him less than a minute to be in it and start it and he was out of practice and didn't have the freedom to choose the tools and vehicle. Probably would have taken half the time on his own terms.

Boolit Master
    My 2 old farm trucks have the keys in them with battery maintainers on them.Helps them start them and leave quickly.. I don't want them to have any trouble. The 77 1 ton dump has to suck the gas back up from the tank..Dog 4 foot away....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekota56 View Post
    Tankgunner59, the same in pa someone is cutting catylitic converters.
    Someone cut the CC out of my old Chevy Astro van 2 years ago. The thief probably got $15 for doing a couple hundred in damage. Thankfully a local shop was willing to weld a pipe inline and fixed it for cheap It was the middle of winter and I didn’t notice for a while but the thief had dropped their flashlight and hat in the snow. The flashlight and hat probably cost more than he got for the CC. Freakin idiots.

Moderator Emeritus

That sucks. Had a 1967 GTO stolen week before Christmas with gifts in it when I was 17. Loved that car. Punched it and front wheels came off the ground. Good luck.

ADMIN

A bunch of collector vehicles have been stolen in the past month.
    Several nice 60s and 70s vehicles.
    All restored or customized.
    Its just crazy.
    One was recovered.
    It was a late 60s chevy. Had just been redone.
    The ******** took a roller and rolled white house paint to cover the 10K yellow paint job.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master
    That sucks!!! I always leave keys in one vehicle outside (I'd rather a thief stay a thief and not turn into a B and E guy which could cost a life),I had one attempted car theft and my (then 15 year old) daughter held him at the end of her 1903 Colt until I came and called the cops. I honestly believe that meth head was relieved that I showed up and talked my girlie down.
    I did have the talk with her that there is no THING on this planet worth someone's life, but I am still darn proud of that little girl.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    A friend of mine had his Ford F-250 stolen. He had the key pad locking system on his truck and the police said that was how they got in. A day later they told him that they had border camera pictures of his truck going into Mexico. The truck was stolen and in Mexico before he discovered it was missing. Makes me glad I have a Ram truck.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

Retired Navy (1966-2004)
    NRA Life member (1994)
    CRPA member
    SBR&GC member

I had my 2012 Ford Escape broken into a few months ago. They took the plastic tray container out of the center console.

There was $5 in change in there, and a few battery plugs, etc. Nothing of value.

That plastic tray container cost $40 to replace. For some reason that bothered me the most.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master
    Thieves go for the cat converters because they are worth $200 min as scrap platinum......Up to couple of years ago ,no scrap yard here would buy a converter,agreed with the cops......Used to see converters in the trash bins at auto mechanics......then a batch of immigrants from central asia arrived here ,had networks to fence the converters ......now they blatantly advertise on face book prices they offer for converters.

Boolit Master
    Converter thefts have been happening for 10-15 years at least. When I lived in Mass they would hit the commuter parking lots after the bus left, a couple of days each month. They'd hack off five or six each time.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master
    Back in the good old days, they used to hang horse thieves.
    Since the car/truck has replaced the horse, shouldn't they hang car/truck thieves?????
    Make good sense to me.

Boolit Master

Had my truck stolen in September. They got the protech tool box and 105 gal transfer tank and pump and another of tools. The tweekers did so much damage it was a total loss.

Boolit Master
    I use to work with a girl from Georgia (USSR) that said the first thing she noticed about America was all the cars parked on the street. Said back in Georgia if you didn't have a locked garage, you didn't have a car, said you actually hired people to guard your car in the grocery store parking lot while you where shopping! I guess we're heading that way.

Boolit Master
    Local police down here in Louisiana also reporting converter thefts have been on the upswing. Frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast