Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Strange Head Stamp on 9mm

Boolit Master

Strange Head Stamp on 9mm

For the last few days I've been loading 9mm for the grandsons. I usually just load for an hour or so at a time so I don't get tired, distracted, etc. Today I spent some time inspecting the loaded rounds. Ran across a strange head stamp.

At the 12 O'clock position there is just something that might be an asterisk.
    At the 8 to 4 position it is stamped MEN14E6 230. That may or may not be a space between the 6 and 230. No indication at all of the cartridge ID.

Any ideas?

I mentioned distracted and didn't notice until I had finished the load cycle that I had a .380 casing mixed in. Actually didn't realize what had happened until I put the caliper on the round because it looked like the bullet was not seated far enough. It sure wasn't. The 550 didn't even hiccup.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

MEN is a German ammo manufacturer

https://www.men-defencetec.de/en/pro...-militaryline/
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Bub

The last lot of 9mm Luger brass I got had mixed headstamps. A quick search lead me here:

https://afte.org/resources/headstamp-guide

The MEN headstamp is listed there, along with any others you might need.

Boolit Buddy

Andy is correct, German Military .. I have bunch of it, solid(?) copper bullet that is 91 grs, and is hollow almost to the base. The nose is closed to a full ball configuration with just a tiny disfigured hole that peaked my interest, thats how I determined the hole went to the base. I did some snooping and found the stuff I have is training ammo and the real social stuff is a nasty hollow point. My training ammo comes out of the CZ75 around 1400 fps. Needless to say I have opened a few of them up and did some tests, Mikey likes...

Boolit Master
    Think I had some of those in loose subgun ammo I bought at the creek. $160 for 2,000 rounds. Sold it a few years later to a guy with a C & R Sten.

Boolit Grand Master
    I recently read that there are in excess of 1,500 different head-stamps on 9 mm casings, running from early RWS in the 1900's up to modern times. A cartridge collector would have a tough time gathering them all.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.