RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cataract Surgery

Boolit Grand Master
    I just opted for the combo - near & far lenses. Right in the ballpark of $3 grand per eye. One eye (dominate - of course) is the worst and will be done first. Other eye has a cataract building and will get done later as the Doc advises. Sure hope I chose well. I really want to get back to open sights.

Boolit Buddy
    Had mine done recently. Go back for final checkup with doctor in a couple of weeks. Had both eyes corrected for distance. Knew I would need readers. Readers work ok for close up. TV and computer screen are good. Need readers for phone and reading. Far distance is still somewhat fuzzy even though doctor says I'm close to 20-20 for distance but I don't think so. Have trouble reading street signs while driving but don't need glasses to drive. May possibly have to go with bi focals again to see street signs and read. Haven't done any shooting since the surgery. Moved to new house in town and just sold the farm where my backyard shooting range was. I'm going to miss that.

Boolit Master
    Had both eyes done about 6 years apart. Same surgeon. He wouldn't split vision. Either both eyes near or distant vision. I chose to have distant vision. 50 years of being near sighted was enough. Dr did put in lenses that act as sun glasses. Need bifocals or readers to see up close. In really bright sun poloroids still help. New lenses didn't help spelling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12