ADvertise hereInline FabricationReloading UKRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oh no !!! First PPb Shots Fired !!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball View Post
    Jamison brass, BR-2 Primer, 90gr EO 1.5, .060 vegie wad (currently), compress to .10", seat bullet by hand, MAKE SMOKE!!
    Bullet is a BACO 446535 wraped with an onion skin paper I have had for decades. Wrapped dia about .4515, then sized to about .4505.
    It will slide snugly into the barrel with the push of one finger, does not indent the paper, but remains in the barrel if case is extracted.

Dave
    I bet that load gets your attention. I loaded 85 gr behind a 520 ppb and it sure got mine even in a 12 lb gun.

In a State that is #1 with people migrating out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball View Post
    Jamison brass, BR-2 Primer, 90gr EO 1.5, .060 vegie wad (currently), compress to .10", seat bullet by hand, MAKE SMOKE!!
    Bullet is a BACO 446535 wraped with an onion skin paper I have had for decades. Wrapped dia about .4515, then sized to about .4505.
    It will slide snugly into the barrel with the push of one finger, does not indent the paper, but remains in the barrel if case is extracted.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	804823CD-91BA-47EB-AFF6-20D9419436B1_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	277856

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FarNorth45 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys !!! I think I'm on the right track now . I loaded 82grs of goex ffg , 1 .030 veggie wad and one .030 ldpe wad .... i need to order some .060 ldpe sheets . And then seated my 530gr Elliptical at .100 into the case .
    5 shot group at 150yrds , the high one went off before i was ready and called it before even looking down the spotting scope . The 4 shots are exactly 1inch group , and 1 3/4inch if i count my fault . I'm pleased with it and now i will load up 10 more to see how they do !! Thanks again everyone!!

Attachment 277663

Attachment 277664

Attachment 277665
    Good for ya, I love it when it all starts to come together.

For me and most other loaders/shooters, the Cornell wad press punch is indispensable. Get one and a goodly supply of .060 LDPE!

Cheers,
    Rob.
    The only government I trust is the .45-70 ....

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    Good for ya, I love it when it all starts to come together.

For me and most other loaders/shooters, the Cornell wad press punch is indispensable. Get one and a goodly supply of .060 LDPE!

Cheers,
    Rob.
    Thanks Rfd !!! , i was going to order a press mount but i have not found one in stock. Oh well money is a little tight at the moment anyway and i can pick one up later ........ hopefully lol

Well poo !!! I got my order today for my .060 LDPE wad material from Baco , looked like it went through a pretty rough trip ha!ha ... Anyway i opened it up and there it was 9 square feet of .060 Veggie material rrrrrh!!!! I sent them a email with pictures and will give them a call tomorrow. Now I'm probably another week out , Oh well that's usually how my luck rolls . As long as they make it right that is all that matters . I've never had a problem with them before and I've made my share of mistakes for sure lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234