RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16ga shotguns

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
    I own, shoot, and reload for two delightful Browning Sweet Sixteen A5s. Down here in central Texas, this is late season dove and 5 stand shooting season (too hot to shoot skeet or 5 stand in the summer).

My problem is that I'm running low on 16 gauge wads and Ballistic Products is out of all of their 16 gauge wads! Does anyone know of another distributer that may still have some 16 gauge inventory? Thanks, Treetop
    Ballistic Products has both Claybuster wads in stock for 16 gauge. The blue is great for 1 or 1 1/8 oz loads. The Pink could be used for 1 oz, but I load it, and it is recommended with 7/8 oz loads.

Boolit Master
    I don’t much care for a 16 gauge . I’ve only got 7 SxS’s , 3 drilling’s , one pump and a single barrel all 16 gauge . I’ve only got two progressive and one single stage 16 loaders . Only have about 8,500-10,000 16 hulls and only about 20,000 16 gauge wads . About eight flats of factory 16 loads , a 16 gauge slug mold and so on .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master

I have O/U, SXS, Semi-auto, Pump, drilling, 16 gauge shotguns
    What fun, what fun
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Mold
    Recently purchased a Browning Sweet 16. Decided I’d better learn to feed it if I wanted to shoot it. I’ve been buying primed hulls and lead shot. Eventually powder will come back in. I’ve bought a manual from Ballistics Products and have a buddy that’s been reloading 16 gauge for years.

IMHO, the perfect 1oz bore; I have 5!

Boolit Bub
    Nice batch of guns MOA. Is that bolt action a Mont. Ward ? Has a non detachable sheet steel box magazine as I recall.

Pretty sure my brothers and I used one of those in 410 when we were kids ... the trigger guard sure looks the same.

Boolit Master

I only have 2 at the moment. I have my Dad's old Browning made in late 40's in Belgium and I have my father-in-laws Savage single barrel that he left me. I have always been a 16 fan. james

Boolit Buddy
    i own a 16 gauge la fever side by side, have from 1962. i shot my first deer with it,i need to get it out for a walk more....

Boolit Master

I own 1 and only 1 16 ga. I will never be without it. It is my favorite rabbit gun and it is really good for pheasants as well. It is a 1951 Belgium made Browning, belonged to my dad. I still remember the first time he let me carry it, rather the the 1950 870. It has a natural point for aim that just works for me.

Cast Boolits Owner

I have a Mossberg 190 w/ c-lect-choke, a parkerized Remington Model 11, a H&R Topper 88, and a Remington 11-48. Years back when 16 ga was more common I would buy cases of bird shot from K-Mart when the season was over. I still have a bunch left but wish I would have kept the fired hulls now that I have a reloading press. My father (Porkchop_bob) gave me a case of slugs to go with the stash I already have so I think I am set with those.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Be careful of the 16 gauge bug. It's a true affliction.

Is that Ponses Warren the one from here? Did it work out for you?

I still have a lot of that haul of 16 gauge shells and wads, etc. Bought a bunch of shot about a month ago, gonna get the MEC 600 JR set up and start loading this weekend, I think.

Banned

Has anyone tried .60 caliber round ball inside a shot wad type of loading in 16 gauge? I have a .60 mold and an Ithaca Deer Slayer in 16 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Has anyone tried .60 caliber round ball inside a shot wad type of loading in 16 gauge? I have a .60 mold and an Ithaca Deer Slayer in 16 gauge.
    sounds interesting , let us know how it works

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    How long have you been shooting that 520A ? Monkey Ward ?
    Been shooting that one for a long time. It's my rabbit and squirrel gun. Very light and quick handling too. It's a Western Field model 30. Made in the late fifties and early sixties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    I've never owned, and perhaps never shot, a 16 gauge, but one of my greatest regrets is an ithaca 37 that I passed up when I was a teenager. It was a grey rat that had been used well, but was worth way more than the 40 dollars being asked for it! I turned it away because I didn't have any 16's...dumb,dumb,dumb. Oh well!

Boolit Master
    I have a few 16s. It's my favorite gauge.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    IMHO, the perfect 1oz bore !
    I read somewhere around forty years ago the three most ballistically efficient shotgun loads were a 28 gauge with 3/4 ounce , a 16 gauge with an ounce and the 10 gauge (2 7/8”) with 1 1/4 ounces . And so far in darn near forty years of loading shotgun shells I’ve never found anything to disprove that .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Rich. I'm going to be playing around come this Spring with the puppy. Shooting it out of a 20 gauge SxS or 16 in a shot cup could be interesting. This is a 50 cal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

My Grandson now has my Ithaca M37 16 Mod choke but I kept a couple Win 97's & a. Mod 12. Loading is done with a PW 375. The 97 Mod choke replaced the 37 as my pheasant gun. Hope my grandson loves the 37 as much as I do.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Bub
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0470.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	274737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0480.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	274735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	274736.

16 x 16 over 9.3 x 72.

excello

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast