Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers

Boolit Master

Primers

Who has primers?
    Midway is OUT, and they have no idea when they are going to be in.
    I have been a Midway customer for many years now, so I do not have any other sources.
    Any good sources?

Boolit Mold

local stores

You might want to check your local gun store(s). I was at B&S guns in Mesquite last week and they had plenty of CCI and Federal

Boolit Master

They be out, and back ordered here. I did find some at Cabelas. Gotta pay Hazmat though.
    Oh well.
    I was in something of a panic, I figuired it was starting now, not next month.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by docone31 View Post
    They be out, and back ordered here. I did find some at Cabelas. Gotta pay Hazmat though.
    Oh well.
    I was in something of a panic, I figuired it was starting now, not next month.

lol...it started months ago...i sell brass but picked up wolf primers as a side line....have sold way over 100k in the last 2 months

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Buddy
    Try Powdervalley - get some of local shooters together and get a full box of primers (50,000 if you don't buy Federal). Makes the hazmat charge a little easier to stomach.

Unhappy

Graf & Sons still has some, but it's mighty slim pickens!

Boolit Master

Mike, when I need, I will get in touch with you. I wish I had contacted you first.

Boolit Master
    its cheaper for you to buy direct from powder valley inc.
    they have a big backlog.....
    i only sell locally...no hazmat/no shipping
    mike
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

Don't forget to try NatchezSS, They are good to deal with and will fix there screew ups.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Grand Master
    A lot of folks are out of ammo also. I looked at several vendors the other day and was shocked.
    Midway is not taking backorders.

Shiloh

Boolit Master

Wolf Works For Me!

Anticipating the demise of the McCain Palin ticket I took the opportunity to purchase 20 K of primers months ago. Mostly Wolf primers and they are always working well for me.

Since then gun dealers and the like have beaten the drum to fan the fire of fear that BHO would shut down the supply of guns and ammo,

Maybe they are right, I hope not but all I know is that my dealer cannot keep anything relating to AR 15's, Taurus Judges or Springfield XD's in the store. HE is out of most powders and the primer selection is pretty thin even at $29 a K of any primers.

Every time I come by he is as busy as a one armed paperhanger and he is raking in the bucks now.

My fervent hope is that this alarmist behaviour is similiar to the fears that were rampant dyrung the Y2K debacle 8 years ago.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

Since then gun dealers and the like have beaten the drum to fan the fire of fear that BHO would shut down the supply of guns and ammo
    How to increase sales in a bad economy.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    Wideners has some.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonk View Post
    Wideners has some.
    That is where I got mine and the Wolf are really reasonable @ $89 per sleeve. I haven't heard anything bad about them.
    There was a primer scare back in the 90s and things got dicey there for awhile but it came around eventually.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

I stopped by two shops on my travels today, and there were more primers than I could have afforded to buy.

Like Crash, I keep having the feeling that this is Y2K all over again. I don't like to be manipulated by the left or the right, so I refuse to buy scared. I'll buy what I need and take my chances.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Mold
    I live in Portland, Oregon and bought 400 CCI small pistol primers at BiMart for $2.58/100 a couple of weeks ago. They had no shortage of them. I am beginning to believe that you can buy just as cheaply locally as opposed to buying on the internet if you find the right local source. I also shoot BP guns and use Triple 7 for my powder. I read about people complaining about having to pay $26-29.00 for a bottle of it. I paid $17.99 for my last one I bought at BiMart on sale a month ago. It pays to look at local sources that would not appear on the first look as places to buy guns, ammo and supplies. I shop BiMart all the time for other non firearm items and the nice thing is they are employee owned. They do not look down on you when you look at or purchase a firearm or related item. In fact they talk to you at the gun gun counter and will be friendly about it. The last time I was in the store I go to, the counter person was talking to a couple in their early 50's, showing the man an auto shotgun. His better half made the comment that she could hit nothing with a shotgun, but she could hit whatever she wanted with her handgun. It made me think of my dad who was Marine Corp Sgt & sharpshooter made the similar comment, only he was comparing a shotgun to a rifle. I have found no other non sporting goods or gun related store to even compare to them. They are the first place I start at when buying most things .

Boolit Buddy

I have not been to the city for powder or primers since just before the election. Prices didn't seem out of line. Work has kept me away from the last three shows in the area. But had been working with another reloader at work to get an order from Powder Valley. Hope to save some by spliting S&H and hazmat. Just need to quit :takinWiz: around.

Banned
    I have upped my primer supply, not scared or getting antsy but I cannot do nothing without them. They are not hard to find round here and no huge increases in $$ that I have noticed. I have only ever had trouble finding rem 7.5 primers locally and I fixed that issue right good last summer.

I KNOW I can make purdy darned good blackpowder iffin need be..primers are bit more difficult and INTERESTING to make.

btw if you have never fluxed a pot of melt with homemade willow charcoal you are missing the boat..just some side knowledge I picked up on that learning treck.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Talked to Graf's on Friday for a powder order of the HOLY BLACK and the girl advised that since the election they have been non stop. She said that people were buying anything that has to do with reloading in masses. She then stated that she herself was getting calls where the caller would ask her, what do I need to reload. She told them that starting with a book would be a good idea. She then said that Graf's is running 7-10 days behind on orders. Sure would be nice to be in the business right now.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

This same thing happened when they talked about putting a chemical in primers to make them inert after a certain shelf life back when Klinton was in. 50 bucks for a thousand about right? I am gonna go get some Win sp primers today. Not cause I'm scared, but cause I'm almost out.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast