Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Wideners

Thread: 20ga Paper Hull Data

Boolit Man

20ga Paper Hull Data

So I have these old 20ga paper hulls loaded with mystery primers, mostly Winchester Mark 5's and Xperts. A few Federals also got mixed in. Short of the Federal hulls I've found no data "obsolete" (Fed 209 and discontinued powder etc) or otherwise.

Since I have no idea what the primers are and am lacking smokeless data I have considered loading these with black powder but since jumping back on the forum here, I thought you folks might have a bit more info in that regard. It's occurred to me that Lyman and others statement that any hull works for BP might be more in reference to what's currently available. What's everybody thinking?

Butch: They would likely be just fine loaded with black powder or light target loads of smokeless. This said, unless you have a LOT of these why use them at all? Shotgun shells or primed new hulls aren't expensive. Gp

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Someone might buy them from you for their collectible value. I bought some 16ga paper ones at a small premium, just to have them to go along with a vintage BP gun. Maybe one day I’ll load a few up with BP to shoot in my wall hanger.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Likely they are loaded with the manufacturer standard primer. Just load them for trap level ballistics. Reload and shoot again until the crimp blows out or burn through pin holes start to form where brass and paper meet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]