Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15th Anniversary as a Castboolits member. #1170

15th Anniversary as a Castboolits member. #1170

January 1st, 2006 I joined this site. I've met a lot of great people here. I've seen some wonderful acts of kindness and learned far more than I once thought I knew about boolit casting. I don't log in every time I visit, which is pretty much on a daily basis. Gotta keep track of my people. Keep up the good work people!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I'd like to echo that there is a neat community here. I am thankful for those who make the time to share their knowledge which is to the advantage of many.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    Congrats on your 15 years here. I am a junior to you. I think mine was ‘07? I was less active here in the beginning as I was spending more time at some other forums then.

This one is populated with a better selection of well tempered members than most forums though and the topics are far ranging that it’s much more than just boolit casting.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

We're all glad that you're here, Mr. Murphy. You are definitely an asset to a good forum. Congratulations, and thank you.

DG

Boolit Buddy

This is a great forum!! More knowledge here than you can imagine!! I also have been here 15 years.
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

Boolit Man
    Congrats! I'm going on a few months ...
    OCCAM'S RAZOR is the problem-solving principle - the simplest explanation is usually the right one.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary Murphy!

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations on the Anniversary! I always enjoy your post.

Banned

Congrats Murphy, and I'd like to thank you all for sharing knowledge that it may take months to research. This is an AWESOME community.

Congratulations my friend

Marc,
    Chatting with you back in the day was good very therapy for me. Glad to read your words of wisdom and sanity in this world of fools and braggarts.
    Your buddy,Mark
    Appalachian American Clinging to my bible,my guns and my H&G moulds

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    January 1st, 2006 I joined this site. I've met a lot of great people here. I've seen some wonderful acts of kindness and learned far more than I once thought I knew about boolit casting. I don't log in every time I visit, which is pretty much on a daily basis. Gotta keep track of my people. Keep up the good work people!

Murphy
    Another Johnny Come Lately! #7 here!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Murphy
    Murphy:
    I am curious.....do we have a member number assigned to us as well as our handle?
    I looked and can't seem to find it.
    Donald
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    Murphy:
    I am curious.....do we have a member number assigned to us as well as our handle?
    I looked and can't seem to find it.
    Donald
    Donald,
    You are #619
    On my home computer, I can set the mouse above your screen name, and at the bottom of my screen, I get a popup that shows your user profile page. That page ID corresponds to your member number. You can also go directly to your profile using the drop down menu at the upper right of any page, and the address you see in the navigation bar at the top of your browser has that info also.

Like this: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/memb...1634-obssd1958

I'm number 1634

Hope this helps!

Don

And Murphy - Happy Anniversary!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

FISH4BUGS,

obssd1958 beat me to the answer.

Waksupi, of course you're #7. No one really knew you back then and they'd let anyone in. You're a slick one my friend, good company I'd ride the river with anytime, anywhere.

Thanks for all the replies and compliments fella's!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Donald,
    You are #619
    On my home computer, I can set the mouse above your screen name, and at the bottom of my screen, I get a popup that shows your user profile page. That page ID corresponds to your member number. You can also go directly to your profile using the drop down menu at the upper right of any page, and the address you see in the navigation bar at the top of your browser has that info also.

Like this: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/memb...1634-obssd1958
    I'm number 1634
    Hope this helps!
    Don
    And Murphy - Happy Anniversary!!
    I guess we learn something new every day.
    Well, I guess that, and $2, gets me a cup of coffee!
    Here in NH one of the "status symbols" is a low license plate number. They are handed down from generation to generation.
    Does that work here?
    Doesn't a low member number get some sort of privileges?
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Murphy,congrats from #729.

I missed my 15th but no worries,20th is just around the corner.

Cast Boolits Owner

Glad your still with us Murphy.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    If I understood the helpful advice above,and keyboarded correctly, I m member #25....a day or 3 later than that character from some "little drinking village"..... Onceabull

Show your signature

« Previous Thread | Next Theabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Banned
    I am a Jonny Come Lately also. Didn't know about numbers .....
    Congratulations Murphy!

Happy Fifteenth, Sir!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast