RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Fryer

Boolit Buddy
    Did cinnamon rolls in four minutes. I do root veggies, taters, parsnips, carrots. Chicken, fish. Even makes great doughnuts.
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Question, does a naked(no beading) chicken wing get brown and crispy? Been thinking of getting one.. I like buffalo wings and deep frying them is messy and my fryer does a poor job of it. I deep fry other stuff too, I like fries with a burger, steak fries with a steak now and then if I don't make a baked potato... occasional junk food snack... getting away from oil mess is appealing.
    Yep, 2-1/2 pound chicken crisps nicely. I've done fried chicken, fish and potato wedges, all crisp up nice in our Ninja. The chicken, fish were breaded, came out like you would think of fried.. Like fried, without the oil/grease.h
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

BTW, I put potato wedges in a bowl with garlic, my favorite steak/salt seasoning and olive oil. Toss them good and cook. Yummm! You can do this in a hot (450) oven or Air Fryer..
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Now I wish I had put this review here. I thought it was just for recipes.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iler-Air-Fryer

Boolit Mold
    I have the Air Fryer lid that goes on my Instant Pot. I like it for small batches but anything over a few appetizers I just turn on the oven. I do love the instant pot for other stuff.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeMan View Post
    My brother is obsessed with his, but he's also the guy who's overly talkative about whatever his latest gadget is. I haven't seen the appeal of them unless they do something you eat A LOT really well. We're mostly meat and veggies around here (keto diet) so it doesn't fit into our needs very well.
    +1 for the keto diet. Best thing I ever did health wise!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    It seems like these units are popular for taking food out of the freezer and cooking it right away. That’s interesting for me. How does it work? Are there some brands that are better for this than others?

Greg, yes there are junk air fryers out there. It takes lots of wattage in a small space for them to work. They work by blowing away the cool air next to the food and putting hot air in it's place (basically). My experience is limited so far but from what I'm seeing it works. I don't know if one can just throw money at it and be assured of a good one. When I bought ours I did lots of research to make sure I wasn't throwing $ away. Ours is 1800 watts in the space of the typical toaster/broiler. Be sure you have the circuit that can handle the 15 amps required and anything else that's on the circuit.

They cook amazingly fast and the results are good. One can use them for frozen prepared food but they will do a good job on food made from scratch too. There are all sorts of recipes online think of something that can be fried then google the air fried version. You might be surprised at what you find. Who would have thought of air fried hotdogs that rival franks cooked outside on the grill? Of course there are french fries, but how about air fired cauliflower or broccoli? Eggplant fries anyone? The list goes on and on.

Moderator Emeritus

GF made steaks in the air fryer. 12 minutes each side. I expected them to be disgusting as we were trying it for the first time. Turned out to be the best steaks I ever had. Who'd a thunk it.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    OK, I have a question here, not on an air fryer, but on the material that an accessory, i.e, pan, platter, dish whatever, should be made of?
    I'm seeing it mentioned not to use foil but rather parchment paper. I'd like to make an omelet or maybe cook an egg for something resembling an egg McMuffin. What can I use? Have a metal ring that I've used in a fry pan, but is it safe to use in an air fryer?
    So far I've made chicken parmesan, came out good, grilled cheese sandwich & toasted bagels. Chicken legs are next on the list.
    Ninja Foodie, model SP101, not the Ruger!
    Brian
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Boolit Master
    Well, my first try using stoneware, marked on the underside "Oven to Table" was a success & yet wasn't. Cooked the pork sausage patties OK but cracked the plate into two pieces.
    So is silicone, glass, metal the material to look for?
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

I use metal and it works. I'm too cautious to use anything else due to the intense heat.
    Let's go Brandon!

Moderator Emeritus

I would NOT use any glass or ceramic due to uneven heat distribution. Anything safe to use on a stove burner can go in the air fryer... mine came with a pan and racks so no need to use anything else other than maybe foil IN(it cannot hang over the edges) the pan for easy cleanup

Moderator Emeritus

Did chicken wings in a Ninja Foodi. Pressure cooked for 8 minutes, 2 1/2 lbs of wings then air crisped for 18 minutes turning them half way through. They turned out great.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

An air fryer is just a tiny convection oven.

I like mine.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Moderator Emeritus

I am not impressed with my air fryer, going to give it away and go back to a regular fryer.

The only thing I don't like about ours is when I cook something that will spatter. Our's is built like a toaster broiler and I hate cleaning it. So I pick and choose what I use it for. So I don't get full use out of it.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Grand Master
    Glad 762 shooter confirmed that it was just a convection oven. I had wondered about that.

Banned

we dont use any pans. the idea of it is the heat should circulate all around it so i just use the wire baskets/racks. It is a pain to clean. My wife found so black sheets that you can put in the bottom and collect the drippings on which helps with cleaning but it still needs cleaning. Basicaly if it cant be put on a wire rack i dont cook it in the air fryer.

Boolit Master
    My wife bought me one for Christmas and I very nicely had her take it back. We don't eat frozen foods other than pizza. I am the cook of the house. They look like a hassle to clean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast