Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any information on the new Frankford Arsenal progressive?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

If they get all the bugs worked out by the end of the year, they should do well at the price point.

Boolit Master
    I think I,m just going to keep all my Stars
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Frankfort Arsenal products, no buy list.

Boolit Mold
    I mean... I'll buy it if it works and FA supports it correctly. I can see why people are not enthused, of course, FA's track record isn't the greatest. But a reliable 10 station progressive that has a $550-$600 street price and doesn't murder your wallet on caliber changeovers would be a massive game changer for the bulk blaster reloading market. 650s are fairly affordable for caliber switches, but once you're in RL1100 and Mark7 territory, switching calibers is brutal due to toolhead costs alone. Being able to get 650 toolhead switch costs on a 10 station press is a big deal to me, at least.

If it gets popular enough, I absolutely could envision third parties releasing parts to fill in for any small quality gaps, too. Let's face it, even the Dillons have a pretty robust aftermarket of third-party parts.

Nope

Banned

im curious what products you guys who are bashing FA have bought from them that is junk?

Your not alone in that Lloyd.

I have the FFA hammer style bullet puller which has given good service.
    And the FFA hand depriming unit which I truly love. Lets me deprime brass from the comfort of my recliner, wash in citric acid solution, since I am upstairs next to the kitchen. Then I run a brush through primer pockets and hand dry each piece of brass. Which quickly shows me if there is a split or a problem.

All in all a very good tool which enabled a major change in reloading. Dies now only touch clean, bare dry brass. I know this is making a difference on my dies.

Now I doubt I'd ever go to a progressive, I just don't shoot enough to make it worth while.
    But you have to wonder what these people got ahold of from FFA to leave such a sour taste in their mouth.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    I mean... I'll buy it if it works and FA supports it correctly. I can see why people are not enthused, of course, FA's track record isn't the greatest. But a reliable 10 station progressive that has a $550-$600 street price and doesn't murder your wallet on caliber changeovers would be a massive game changer for the bulk blaster reloading market. 650s are fairly affordable for caliber switches, but once you're in RL1100 and Mark7 territory, switching calibers is brutal due to toolhead costs alone. Being able to get 650 toolhead switch costs on a 10 station press is a big deal to me, at least.

If it gets popular enough, I absolutely could envision third parties releasing parts to fill in for any small quality gaps, too. Let's face it, even the Dillons have a pretty robust aftermarket of third-party parts.
    At that price a lot of higher volume shooters would just buy another machine or three and skip the change overs. Pistol game guys will spend bucks to speed up loading so they get more trigger time.

Boolit Master
    It looks like it is real solid, but all I see are pictures, I guess theres nowhere to put my grubby paws on it, frank fords web sites says "coming soon"
    the price sure is right if, IF, it can be compared to a 1050.

Looked a little closer at the video JM posted, looks like a really long operating handle throw?

Boolit Master
    I have no complaints I have the FFA hand priming tool have used it on less than a 1K cases but it seems heavy duty and easy to use with easy to adjust primer seating depth.
    And I have the FFA wet/pin case tumbler that I have cleaned perhaps 30K cases with .
    Both tools work for me.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindshooter View Post
    At that price a lot of higher volume shooters would just buy another machine or three and skip the change overs. Pistol game guys will spend bucks to speed up loading so they get more trigger time.
    Full load on one of these is still $1200-1400 with the case and bullet feeders, it's not THAT cheap, and you can get a 750 for about that kind of money. No need for swage on pistol for the most part.

But as a raw case processing machine play, I sorta like this press. Mount it up, rip out the primer feeder, and you should presumably be able execute caliber switches pretty quick. I wonder if they'll have an offset toolhead available.

ETA is the end of the year, BTW, and that probably means early 2022 in reality.

Boolit Buddy
    I like how we believe there will be enough components available to use such a machine. I guess if you wanna do a quick dime bag primer run.

Boolit Master

Right now the powder and primers will cost more than the machine---if you can find them at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    Full load on one of these is still $1200-1400 with the case and bullet feeders, it's not THAT cheap, and you can get a 750 for about that kind of money. No need for swage on pistol for the most part.

But as a raw case processing machine play, I sorta like this press. Mount it up, rip out the primer feeder, and you should presumably be able execute caliber switches pretty quick. I wonder if they'll have an offset toolhead available.

ETA is the end of the year, BTW, and that probably means early 2022 in reality.
    maybe if it were 500 ready to go but if its as much as a 750 then i wouldnt even consider it over the 750.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    I like how we believe there will be enough components available to use such a machine. I guess if you wanna do a quick dime bag primer run.
    plenty enough at my house

Boolit Buddy
    china made, no thanks.

Says the guy that couldn’t have posted that if he didn’t own something made in China.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12