Thread: oh no, Mary ann died

Boolit Master

oh no, Mary ann died

you know,
    the professor and Mary Ann on gilligans island

rip dawn wells

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ent...related-causes

Super Moderator

I just saw that, very sad news. She was a real sweetheart, and I grew up watching that show as a kid. RIP Dawn.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    So sad. I followed her on facebook. Just six days ago, she was all bubbles and going on about how she was being safe and making Christmas videos for family and really paying attention to the protocols.
    But it got her anyway.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Banned

I saw her posts on Facebook all the time too, could be someone else managing her account, but had no idea anything was wrong.

By all accounts, she was a very nice person to everybody, not just the parts she played. Another entertainment icon gone in 2020.

RIP Mary Ann !

The REAL babe on Gilligan's Island.....

Boolit Master
    My wife's cousin met her and he said she was great, very friendly and approachable not a snob by any means. A real lady.

Banned

I always thight she was better looking than Tina Louise. (Ginger) Rest in Peace Dawn, I loved watching you on tv when I was a kid.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    So sad. I followed her on facebook. Just six days ago, she was all bubbles and going on about how she was being safe and making Christmas videos for family and really paying attention to the protocols.
    But it got her anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I saw her posts on Facebook all the time too, could be someone else managing her account, but had no idea anything was wrong.

By all accounts, she was a very nice person to everybody, not just the parts she played. Another entertainment icon gone in 2020.
    I also followed her on FB. If her posts were generated by someone else, it had to be a long time close friend, because the posts were as sweet as her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy

Sad news. She was a very sweet gal. Met her up in Driggs, Idaho when i lived up there and she was always friendly and loved the community. She will be missed.

Boolit Master

I grew up watching that aswell. I remember when Gilligan's island turned color.

She was a beautiful woman. Even into her older years.

Rip.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master
    That is a shock.
    She didn't look all that old.
    I too grew up watching the show.
    Can't count the time the question was asked...........
    "Ginger or Mary Ann????"

Boolit Master
    Yup, always answered MaryAnn. The girl you could be seen with around your friends, and bring home to mom. I’m getting old.

Boolit Grand Master

Always answered Mary Ann too. Went to college with a guy who's dad went out with her. He said she was about what you would expect from watching the show. Very nice, positive and smiled a lot.

Be careful with all this "Died of Covid related causes" stuff.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I was shock myself when I read that she died and she was the best part of the show. She add something to the show that Ginger did not. RIP Dawn .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I watched the show. It was one of those shows that made me ask myself occasionally what my major malfunction was to be wasting my time on nonsense, and then I'd see Mary Ann smile.......
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    I watched the show. It was one of those shows that made me ask myself occasionally what my major malfunction was to be wasting my time on nonsense, and then I'd see Mary Ann smile.......
    Everybody needs an escape sometimes and with all that was going on in the world at the time, an awful lot of people needed one then. It's amazing to me that a three season 98 episode run could have such an impact on pop culture,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Everybody needs an escape sometimes and with all that was going on in the world at the time, an awful lot of people needed one then. It's amazing to me that a three season 98 episode run could have such an impact on pop culture,
    I really think the best part of the show was the intro. Everyone I know from my generation still knows the theme song by heart.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Funny how they could make popular TV shows without violence ,hate,deviant behaviour,or social engineering .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    I really think the best part of the show was the intro. Everyone I know from my generation still knows the theme song by heart.
    When I was growing up, after the show was canceled, it was a favorite sing along at Boy Scout camps and on school busses for field trips, I wouldn't be too surprised if it still is.

My youngest son is 25 and a college student and thinks like a lot of his generation does, we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but he's of good character and we just avoid certain subjects. He is pretty cynical, sometimes a bit too cynical for someone so young, but when he's here with us, that kid will stop whatever he's doing to watch an episode of Gomer Pyle or Gilligan's Island if we have it on. We watch more TV than we should, and 99% of it is MeTV or other channels that show old sitcoms and such. Maybe the people who produced them realized the need for brain decompression and Dawn Wells was perfect for shows like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast