Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
I live on/by a saltwater marsh in NE Florida and my reloading area in the garage (150 feet to the water) is only served by humid air recirculation devices (HARDs), i.e. fans.

I understand some mild bullet preheating will mitigate the humidity issue, but what about moisture getting into your PC supply? And to follow-up if your powder supply does get too damp can it be dried out or saved?
If you are fighting humidity as we are, just about any preheat will give you better results than depending on what static charge may be available. Those that get into trouble are typically not monitoring the temp properly and get the bullets hot enough to cause the powder to flow.

When I am spray coating other things like tools, projects, etc. I use a high preheat 300-400 degrees, spray it, let it cool down, then final cure. In addition to the static charge attracting the powder, the powder flows on contact letting me see the coverage and end result. Since the coating is set I can handle the item and position it in the oven as needed. I do hollow point bullets the same way since I spray and cook them nose down. When I spray I have a bank of filters to dry the compressor's air before it goes into the tank and then drying filters when the air goes from the tank to the gun.

I have kept my powders in rubber sealed containers in my garage freezer, which runs about zero. That temperature does not support a lot of moisture, in addition it also appears ageing gets put on hold as I recently used the last of a powder I purchased 8 years ago and it worked as well as it ever did.