Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS slow shipping

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by slohunter View Post
    I've had much better luck with Fed-X.
    Me too. And it's not really that much more expensive than USPS. I'll gladly pay a couple extra bucks to not have my packages go MIA for a month or just get lost all together...

Banned

Have a box revolver sitting in atlanta since August. A box of bullets in richmond headed to Pa since Dec 3

The excuses do not cut it with me. The post office is and has been for 3 decades run by politically appointments and special hiring.

Lazy people that feel they are worth more than the rest of us.

Usps advertising 2-3 day delivery, collecting insurance then not paying for the lost item

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Fed-EX and UPS both offer next day air service. USPS has one called USP When Ever. Some times it's even later
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Banned

My SFR box.of 9mm brass when from Athens ga to Carlsbad CA in 2.5 days.

Last week.
    Shipped 2 boxes ,one to Iowa the other to Florida same day. Iowa is delivered the Florida box is still wandering between Atlanta and Swainsboro Ga. Left from Athens area.

ADMIN

Don't get me started.
    I have had a $1000 insured rifle shipment disappear for a week. Handed it to them, they scanned it, no record.
    I have packages that leave the main depot (15 miles from me) going to the post office that handles my mail. Typically it arrives same day, well several packages have taken 3 or 4 days now.
    It makes me look like a liar when I tell my customer that his order will ship next week and it doesn't ship because they delay the parts coming to me or even worst they delay the package at the post office going to them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just received a package yesterday that had been sitting in Denver for about two weeks. Seller put a trace on it with the PO and it showed up two days later. One day from MO to Denver, then two weeks to go about another 250 miles. I told the seller it was probably just sitting around somewhere in the Denver PO mess, not the first time things get bottlenecked up there

Banned
    From what I've heard, USPS does not have any planes, their packages go on UPS and FedEx planes in exchange for USPS delivering some packages for the other carriers mainly to outlying areas.

IF the package gets a ride on a plane it will go fast otherwise it may be on a slow truck to Tulsa.

Boolit Grand Master

Ordered some pistol parts Dec 21 from a place in New Mexico. Showed shipped that day to Lubbock then out of there 22 Dec and into the dead sock zone. Last update was tracking "somewhere" with "it is delayed but in route". Must be through Russia or something. Other things I've ordered have arrived on time since then. Sent an inquiry to USPS and the message I got back was that it was "In Route, hope it shows up in a few days". Yeah, thanks for that insightful comment and I wish it would show up, too.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

Then this happens:

You do not have permission to access this page
    If you have found this page in error, please contact support
    Reference:1249779920365067259995648300922994593120 034968299102359

Or hey contact support:
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

uspscustomersupport@usps.gov
    Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: SJ0PR09MB6928.namprd09.prod.outlook.com
    uspscustomersupport@usps.gov
    Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow external forwarding. Please contact your administrator for further assistance. AS(7555)'
    Original message headers:

Banned

Finally, was able to file a claim on the load 1000 147 gr fmj-words.

Boolit Master

Did not go though all the posts , the USPS is a mess right now management is tossing people if they cough or sneeze or have been Traced* to someone with covid ! The people are then out of work until they bring back a negative covid test so it is creating work stoppages from manpower shortages .

* I am not sure how they are getting some of the trace data on tracing it sounds like cell phone data is shared probably illegally.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    and y'all thought I was crazy when I was saying the new guy that got put in charge of post office has buggered things up.
    one thing I know for sure that you might be able to check on, if you know any of these folks, the truck drivers that pull the semis full of mail are like clock work every day. the mail and packages are getting stuck in the warehouses and post offices not getting sent where they need to be.
    now the question is, how is this all gonna get straightened out.

Boolit Buddy

The governments involved!! What could go wrong????????
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

Boolit Buddy
    My wife filed a claimed on an item broken in shipment by USPS, she filed claim in timely fashion- got a letter yesterday stating that her claim was denied because it wasn't received within specified time frame.

She's somewhat "testy" today.

Moderator Emeritus

They finally delivered my girlfriends returned concealed carry jacket to the NRA today that was sent December 28th. It sat in Philly for 13 days.

I still have not found a package I mailed on 11-25. Barely any response from the case I started and my local PO could not care less.

Boolit Master
    GONRA orders a "Cat Wall Calendar" for Mrs. GONRA XMAS present every year.
    This year its sitting our local PO for maybe 2 weeks and hasn't made it out here yet.....
    Neighbor recently gotta Xmas card mailed Dec. 7.

All these "alternatives to conventional shopping" are swamped this year....
    Virus just makes it FAR WORSE!

(Years ago, shipped the bolt head for my Chicom Dragunov to have a spring loaded firing pin installed.
    Was a nervous wreak for weeks until it got back OK. Wouldn't even TRY it today!)

Moderator Emeritus

Had to pick up a package at the post office yesterday. Passed a couple opening a box of Christmas presents complete with wrapping paper in their car. Unbelievable. Post office folks said people have been waiting for packages since end of November.

Boolit Grand Master

Stop blaming Trump or the new Post Master or whatever. The problem is the career bureaucrats in the PO that are jamming COVID nonsense down the line and the added bonus of hurting Trump because the mail didn't work.

Ask yourself this question: If we are having this many problems with the mail just "disappearing" then how many votes did the same thing? Votes the Democrats insisted go by mail and how did they all manage to make it to the States in sufficient time to get Biden into office when the USPS can't deliver a package? How many Trump votes are sitting in a warehouse or went missing while Biden's magically appeared right on time because they got put on a truck and Trumps didn't?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

In the past two months I've had 37 packages come through the USPS.

One of them took an extra day. The tracking and delivery information was spot on for the other 36.
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast