MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS slow shipping

Boolit Buddy

USPS slow shipping

I recently bought a vintage penn fishing reel off of eBay. I bought it December 10th and it was shipped that very same day. It just arrived today December 29th from Michigan to Massachusetts it took 19 days. The reason for this post Is to let people know that United States Postal Service is really *****. I encourage everyone to communicate and have a little patience if you're buying and selling items on castboolits .

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    That's FAST!

I had two Midway shipments which were delayed for more than 30 days. So I complained to Midway.

Initial shipment was UPS and then both packages were turned over to USPS for local delivery and from then on no further tracking was available. USPS had no record of the tracking numbers so they were presumed "lost."

My credit card was refunded and only after the refunds appeared on my credit card statement did the items finally arrive.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    I ordered a sizing die from Mid South Shooters Supply back in October it went to Nashville and the following day to Detroit where it languished for 22 days, then disappeared for 4 days before it showed up in my mail box.

Imagine the day we use them for voting, might become a problem.

Boolit Buddy
    It is Christmas. I’ve sat in a truck for 6 hours moving every 15 minutes or so towards the docks when I hauled mail.

My normal run from Columbus Ohio to Pittsburgh was 7 hours round trip. That made me close to 14 hours.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Imagine the day we use them for voting, might become a problem.
    Have no fear! All liberal-run states will allow ALL ballots to be counted (several times!) even if they are 60 days old!

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Have no fear! All liberal-run states will allow ALL ballots to be counted (several times!) even if they are 60 days old!
    If you want this thread to be moved to the pit then keep going down this path.

Now to stay on topic
    This year is totally different then any other.
    With the majority of Christmas shopping being done online, I am surprised that we haven't seen longer delays then we are having now.
    I think the problem isn't the overall Postal service but particular sections or hubs that are causing the problems.
    Even UPS/FEDEX are having issues but not to the extend the USPS is having.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

I feel bad for our mail woman... She is working overtime like crazy, normally our delivery time was around 3-4 pm, now she sometimes comes at 8pm or later and said they don't get enough people and the volume is just overwhelming. It's a cheap, miserably run government operation... what do you expect?
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

I bought a mold from a gentleman in early December, still haven't seen it. Last I saw it had made its way to Jacksonville, FL on Christmas Day. Before that it was in Philadelphia, 20 miles from its destination.

Boolit Grand Master

I ordered gun parts from several vendors. Most arrived before expected but one part from New Mexico was supposed to be here Saturday and it still isn't. It just says "in transit".
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I have had terrible luck with USPS for quite some time. This past April I ordered a chamber reamer and they lost it at a hub just north of me. I filed a lost item case that did no good and since it was uninsured they took no responsibility in its loss. Several years ago a friend sent me a handi rifle receiver in a small flat rate box also from OH so it didn’t need to go through a FFL. Again USPS lost it and did nothing. I sent a rear rifle sight to a forum member for free and it was shipped first class and they lost it too.
    Lately priority packages have taken 8 to 12 days that I have sent.

Jedman

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Purchased a firearm on GunBroker which was shipped via Priority Mail Medium FRB to my FFL dealer for transfer.

Did not arrive within ten days, so dealer asked shipper to initiate a trace. Tracking said "in transit" but with no update in status since entered into USPS system. USPS won't process a claim on a lost parcel until after 30 days. So dealer contacted ATF to report a firearm "lost" in Interstate shipment, with copy also sent to the Postal Inspection Service.

Gun was delivered to FFL dealer the next day. Sometimes you need to shake the tree.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    I just wait. Everyone is used to instant gratification it seems but no one can deal with a kink in operations.

Just be patient.

I hate to see us with real hardship.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master
    things really went downhill for USPS after dejoy took over leadership.

Boolit Master
    Our little post office is outstanding. They have 2 employees before lunch and only 1 remains after lunch. On average they handle 4-500 packages a day but the other day topped 1100. I felt sorry for the nice gal that is normally present. Sometimes there is not enough money in the budget for toilet paper and they bring their own. There is no money for blowing the leaves from the giant oak at the edge of the parking lot. I do that.
    Not for accolades, but so some old person doesn't slip on the wet leaves that have been driven over and ground into a slick slurry. You know if someone fell they would sue and that would cost you, me and all of us. That's why I do it, and for the young Private who died in Vietnam, Zack Addington, whom I never knew.

I do know someone on the state supervisory board. I am told the big $$ are in Atlanta, not the rural areas. The employees in Atlanta drive Mercedes, Lexus's and Jags and wear MINK COATS! It's a sad state of affairs.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

I'm tracking a small package from Grafs It spent 7 days in St. Louis ,then went to Little Rock Ar. spent 7 more days there. Its still on its way. 2 It arrived 12/31/2020 21 days from northern Mo. to NW Ar. Maybe the mule threw a shoe
    Last edited by Boogieman; 12-31-2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: more info.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Moderator Emeritus

I have to go to the post office tomorrow anyway but have four separate tracking numbers for them to check that have been outstanding since near Thanksgiving. Getting a bit ridiculous in that I am also waiting on December shipments.

My FedEX and UPS stuff has ALL been on schedule and track-able. USPS has botched four transactions for me since November. USPS was the crappiest 12 years ago, two years ago and still is...and CV19 is not to blame if the others are all doing fairly well. Our local USPS drivers deliver off hours and on Saturday using USPS trucks ... but not USPS mail.

Boolit Master

Um hoping things improve now that Christmas is behind us...

I just ordered a Chest holster outta Idaho... Last check it was in Washington. (Wrong direction.) I mailed some CB to a friend in Montana... It spent almost two weeks in Florida. GRRRR. I also have a mold & some GC coming!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    Sent some once fired empty brass in a LFRB from NY to Tennessee on December 4, still has not arrived. Trace says " In transit to destination". Can't make a claim till January 4, hope it arrives before then!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast