RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS slow shipping

Boolit Master
    ive got 2 boxes of brass coming from members on here that have been in transit since dec 9th with usps

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Ordered some ingot molds from Lakehouse,on Dec 1st, got here on the 19th? I’m not upset, I understand the work load! Last Sunday, my mail lady delivered a package at 0630! Wow,
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    That is a every day problem for me . I am having alot of problems getting supplies for my bussiness on time or even at all. I feel sorry for my UPS man he works long hours all the time.

Boolit Buddy

Ordered some AR parts on monday from Oregon, they are out for delivery today, wed. USPS Priority. The blind squirrel analogy.

The joke around here is once anything gets to the FL line by USPS it then goes on a FL tour. I have seen shipments travel back and forth between Tampa and Sarasota 3 times before getting to the local post office. The northeast and MI/Chicago area seem to be the worst departure points.

Funny, I bought cheap set of earbuds off a site that will remain anonymous on the 12th. Up in NJ. Moved first on the 16th to another NJ location. Then sat. Moved to same facility on the 28th without leaving the facility. Still sitting this morning. I'll get them next year, or not.....

Boolit Buddy

Probably 300 to 400% increase in on line shopping this Christmas season, gifts being mailed instead of family gatherings. Louisville Distribution Center is operating @ 60% personnel due to covid and quarantine and I feel certain that its that way country wide. Doesn't make me any happier but...I hate this phrase, it is what it is.
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    Our little post office is outstanding. They have 2 employees before lunch and only 1 remains after lunch. On average they handle 4-500 packages a day but the other day topped 1100. I felt sorry for the nice gal that is normally present. Sometimes there is not enough money in the budget for toilet paper and they bring their own. There is no money for blowing the leaves from the giant oak at the edge of the parking lot. I do that.
    Not for accolades, but so some old person doesn't slip on the wet leaves that have been driven over and ground into a slick slurry. You know if someone fell they would sue and that would cost you, me and all of us. That's why I do it, and for the young Private who died in Vietnam, Zack Addington, whom I never knew.

I do know someone on the state supervisory board. I am told the big $$ are in Atlanta, not the rural areas. The employees in Atlanta drive Mercedes, Lexus's and Jags and wear MINK COATS! It's a sad state of affairs.
    Postal employees all make the same money for the same time in service.
    NRA Benefactor.

Please consider -

It's the Holidays, package shipping volume is WAY HIGHER than normal! Think about it - the "plandemic", the election, people shopping via Amazon and other online outlets in RECORD numbers - and WHO do they expect to deliver it all? On time, and grossly underpriced and understaffed? With staff "supplemented" by underpaid contractors that view YOUR package as "supplementing their unfair income"?
    Last edited by rondog; 12-30-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Of course, no one could have forseen the impact that removing sorting machines from the system would have. NOT!
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

My package I sent to Colorado that went to Florida... Arrived... TORN OPEN and bags lost.

I packaged. 6mil zip lock bags 4x6 NEVER more then 3/4 full then TAPED WITH 2" packing tape. Out side was wrapped with multi layers of 3M clear packing tape. This was 3 mil tape. THICK stuff. You MUST CUT to open.

Yet arrived TORN OPEN...

USPS IS DONE... Soon they wont worry about loosing $$ cause NO ONE will be shipping anything theu them.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

USPS package shipping cost going up 2% in Jan (26?).
    Whatever!

I just played the "claim game" with them. After 20 days, two "2-Day Priority Mail" packages did not make it and I filed claims for both. The claims stayed untouched for 10 days, then they were "in review" for another five and at that time the packages were delivered, the claim denied. I already had to refund the customers and now fighting the denied claim. Unbelievable, and has zero to do with Covid or being understaffed...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete44mag View Post
    Sent some once fired empty brass in a LFRB from NY to Tennessee on December 4, still has not arrived. Trace says " In transit to destination". Can't make a claim till January 4, hope it arrives before then!
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

I agree there Tom. Thats just there excuse.

There other pat excuse is "IMPROPERLY PACKAGED". Well seeing as I had to go see a PERSON and he was a POSTAL EMPLOYEE. And HE/SHE ACCEPTED SAID PACKAGE... It couldnt have been SO BAD RIGHT!?!?!???

GRRRR

Cw

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Cheer up - I bought a used Lyman mold from a fellow sho shipped it to me in a SFRB - the USPS got it to where I live in fairly decent time frame - BUT - THEY DELIVERED IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. Thank goodness we are blessed with honest neighbors. This isn't the first time we have had problems with mail being delivered to the wrong address - you'd think that after numerous calls to the Post Master of the local PO about things being shown as delivered and never getting them, neighbors getting other neighbor's mail, etc. that the problem would be addressed and taken care of. I'm of the opinion that the USPS makes a special effort to hire DEAF POSTMASTERS - or perhaps just lazy ones?

Boolit Master

Well here is a "flip side"...

My buddy in cali herd I was needing 35 GC... He boxed them Sunday. His wife shipped Monday afternoon..

They arrived here today in CONNECTICUT!!

THATS NEVER HAPPENED THAT FAST BEFORE!!!

CW

Just got a mold in the mail. Took 20 days to go 377 miles as a crow flies USPS priority.

Moderator Emeritus

I purchased some linotype from a member here end of November. Post office dropped notice off to pick it up. Went Wednesday and was a new box, no info except a sticker basically saying destroyed in Memphis, TN. Three bars survived. Poor guy had two shipments go missing. I did open the box in front of post master who made a notation of what was inside and total box weight with packing. Just ridiculous that the original box which he stated was taped really good was gone. They could not even track it as their was no info on it other than my address. Was only around 25 lbs so no idea why it was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete44mag View Post
    Sent some once fired empty brass in a LFRB from NY to Tennessee on December 4, still has not arrived. Trace says " In transit to destination". Can't make a claim till January 4, hope it arrives before then!
    I just opened a case on my PSFRB my carrier picked from my mail box on 11-25. It made it to my City PO but never the Ft. Worth Distribution Center. Says "In transit, arriving late" as the only hint of location...well that's not a location.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Postal employees all make the same money for the same time in service.
    That's pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Please consider -

It's the Holidays, package shipping volume is WAY HIGHER than normal! Think about it - the "plandemic", the election, people shopping via Amazon and other online outlets in RECORD numbers - and WHO do they expect to deliver it all? On time, and grossly underpriced and understaffed? With staff "supplemented" by underpaid contractors that view YOUR package as "supplementing their unfair income"?
    That does nothing to explain LOSING my stuff. It's not just sitting somewhere. It's "in transit, arriving late" for over a month with no actual location. Only one of the four examples over the last six to eight weeks and I had zero issues with FedEx or UPS this season. I bought thousands of dollars of gift items online and only USPS had issues.

I've been waiting for a couple of Dillon calendars since early December. They're listed as 'accepted' by USPS since 12-3.

They're still in Phoenix, at least according the the USPS tracking. They've fallen off the "Daily Digest" email listing.

I have no idea when they'll get here. I emailed Dillon today, just in case the things are still sitting in their outgoing package area. I'd like to have them sent by almost anybody else. Pony Express would have been here already.

Boolit Buddy
    I've had much better luck with Fed-X.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast