Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot - MAY 29-30-31, 2009

Boolit Master

Great pics Don. I need to try and attend next year.
    Jim

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Banned

Everybody's backs are in the pics. Ya think he coulda taken some pictures of black holes and faces while they were shootin' ... sheesh!

Hmmm... I wonder who would be wearin' the Enco hat? ...

Boolit Master
    Thanks Pat, I wanted to say something about the backs of everyone's head..........but trying to be polite.
    Waiting for captions......kind of a guessing game who's who, except for a few like Buckshot.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Everybody's backs are in the pics. Ya think he coulda taken some pictures of black holes and faces while they were shootin' ... sheesh!
    THEM GUNS WERE LOADED!! I do apologize for not being able to get any pictures from the front, but the range master was on his toes for both days of this event!!

I am working on the captions, but must wait for permission from some of the attendees to identify them in the photos.

See, I told 'ya I wasn't an "official" photographer!

Take care!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Banned

They could shoot around ya.

Banned

I apologise for the comment ..

Would you feel better if I gave you this?:

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction...Item=130007904

Boolit Master
    Pat,
    No need to apologize, I was thinking the same thing as I was taking the pictures!
    And of course, the pictures I took Friday night at the rools committee dinner, were taken with my phone camera because I didn't take my real camera!!!!!!!
    Hopefully, someone else will be able to provide a little better pictures.

Oh, and yes, I would feel MUCH better if you sent me that!!

Take care!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Pictures

I have many pictures showing faces from behind the firing line and pics of event winners. I ask for patience as I only no a little about down loading them and have only been successful a couple of times when trying to post them.

I have a B-in-Law who is a computer genesis. He will be here on Sat. and I hope to learn more and be able to post with captions.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Banned

Hmmm how can I get out of this one? ..

Banned

I just figured Don wouldn't let a little friendly cast boolit fire rattle him and get the pics...

Super Moderator

.............Gee I feel bad as I mostly only have "Backsides" too. Heck, I left my camera at the motel Saturday so I'm glad Don got all those pics.

Setting up the 100 yard line on Sunday.

Left photo is the 400 yard range, Right photo are the two benches for the 400 yard range.

Left photo: On the left is 'Mike in Colo's bedouin setup. Nice rig and many invited themselves into his shade. The trailer in the center was the rangemaster's roost. Right Photo is a kind of overview. There were several other cars parked out of the pic to the right.

I only got shots of just 2 of the 4 rifle teams shooting the Team Rifle event. Left Photo from the left is: NVcurmudgeon, Onceabull, Anita, cobbmtmac, 7s&8s. Right Photo from left is: obssd1958, Richard, Jaremy, Marlene, Jack.

The Team Pistol shoot was Saturday. Due to the super turnout we were able to put together 4 teams of 5 shooters each for both the Team PIstol and Team Rifle events. Team Pistol's event was to shoot an 8" wide piece of 1/2" chipboard in half at 25 yards. The board was at 25 yards and the aiming point was an orange stripe. At first there were lots of splinters in the air but as shooting progressed, the boards had a couple sizeable holes.

Quite a lot of lead was slung through those holes and the &*(^$%# top of the boards pretty much thumbed their noses at the shooters. The first team to sever their board took 10 minutes 32 seconds. A couple people mentioned their pistols were hot enough to make shucking empties and reloading kind of 'Ouchy'! Of the 4 teams, the fastest time was 10 minutes 13 seconds. Taking an informal tally after the event, it appears that an average of rounds sent downrage would hover somewhere just short of about 500 rnds per team. A lot of those just whistled through 'Blue Sky' holes in the boards.

The Team Rifle event was Sunday and was again 4 teams of 5 shooters. Same as the previous pistol event there were 2 relays shot. Each team had 30 clay birds at 50 yards to get rid of with a 5 minute time limit. As was the pistol event, Team Rifle was shot offhand using any sights. Two teams managed to shoot their birds clean in the time limit so we had a shootoff, which consisted of one bird per shooter on each team. Each team member fired in rotation. I forget which team it was that won so I won't guess and mess up, but it went right down to the wire!

While each NCBS I've been to has been a lot of fun, I think this one just might have been one of the largest, and it seems right as this was the 10th Annual. While it's always wonderfull to see old friends, it's a blessing to make new ones and I met 7s&8s, obssd1958 and wife, Richard, Oso, and Jack and Anita for the first time. Great folks, all.

Urny and Linda, the "Lunch Bringers" were once again highly appreciated. Its just the extra effort people make that REALLY makes you appreciate them even more. To be honest it's a bunch of extra work, but Urny just smiles and says it's a kind of a tradition!

Then there is BruceB's wife Karen. She must have cooked all day Saturday and laid out a heckuva spread that evening. And boy was there a housefull ready to demolish her hard work! All that cooking just makes me tired and I didn't do any of it, and the cleanup afterwards for me would be even worse. However she's a giver and for me it's a humbleing thing. If it was me it'd be hotdogs, and if they were lucky they might even get cooked.

So. Only about 359 days to the next NCBS. Time to start thinking about which guns to bring.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

That is a nice range. I've never even shot out past 200 yrds. before. How many miles do you and Al have to drive to get there Rick?

I could hold a NCBS Nor Cal here some day for the folks who would like a RV/ Camp out meet.

Below is my range that's a valley that opens up here in the forest. You can set up under the big oak tree for shade. It's dead flat out to 200. Sun comes up from the east behind the targets, and goes down at your back. All day comfortable shooting.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 06-29-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Finally got to check in.

Thank you BruceB and Mrs. B for a great time and a wonderful dinner Saturday night.

Thank you Urny and Linda for the lunch. And thank you everyone else for being such great people and making this event a wonderful time of eating, shooting, eating, visiting, and eating.

Ventnburn

Ncbs 2009 event winners

Here is the start. I will post once more tonight, then there will be more to follow in a day or two. More pictue posts #'s 95,100 & 101

Last edited by cobbmtmac; 06-10-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

NCBS 2009 EVENT WINNERS cont. plus more pics

Additional event pictures

cobbmtmac's wife and son

Last edited by cobbmtmac; 06-10-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Well done all, looks like everyone had a good time (great pics). It must have been good to have so many like minded people together in one place. Wish I were there too. I would like to get an Australian event up and running. I suppose a Cast Boolits convention will be next on the agenda.
    Lead foot;

Boolit Master
    The pictures in the photobucket have been updated with captions and identifications!
    See them here:
    http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/obssd1958/NCBS/

Mac,
    Those are great pictures!

Don

Banned

Fantastic pics everyone!

That NV Curmudgeon Bill is a handsome devil isn't he? ...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Fantastic pics everyone!

That NV Curmudgeon Bill is a handsome devil isn't he? ...
    ...............Tall too

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

More NCBS Pictures

These are additional pictures. My pictures start on Post #94 and then onto #95