Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rem 521-T Pawnshop find and first shots

In reference to one of the comments from the UK. I agree those targets suck. I've messed around with different targets to find what works the best for me. So far, it is cardboard backer and a bright green square "dot". A member here gave me a roll of sticky back lime green paper. It makes for easy seeing.

Another thing I do, is use paper plates. I draw an outline square with a black sharpie, and fill in the middle with a highlighter. That works good for me out to 25 and 50 yards.

When I bought targets, EZ2C brand bright orange worked well.

I've found I can cut my groups in half depending on the targets used.

Boolit Master

$147?

That's what you told your wife.
    NRA Benefactor.

Squirrel rifle supreme!!
    A Boy in a Old Man's Body. I Shoulda Been a Cowboy

Nice rifle.

wolfdog, thank goodness for young people like you who know and appreciate quality older guns. Those old 22's bring back a lot of memories of waiting for squirrel season and the sight and smells of a fall day hunting small game. That rifle is a real treasure that your children and grandchildren will cherish for decades to come. Congratulations.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Hey, great find! I have shot those in completion, way back in school, they are accurate. I fully understand the obsession, lite. Those rifles from that period have a personality and just tickle my fancy big time. Probably shouldn’t tell you about my weakness for Remington M17 shotguns, suspect you might like those too.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Banned

Dad had a couple of the 521s come through the collection when I was growing up and I loved them. At the time, I was getting into small bore three position a little and wanted a 513T, the heavy barreled one, but never did.

Agreed on those old Remingtons. I like my Winchester 72A better than my Remington 511, but the Remington is the better shooter.

Boolit Buddy
    Congrats! You did well to buy that. A quality .22 bolt rifle is basic equipment for a shooter. It will never wear out if you clean it from the breech end, and never from the muzzle. Actually, you should not need to clean it very often. Bores are worn out from muzzle end cleaning rod wear.

Boolit Master
    YEs, these old 500 series are great. All that I have had were exlt shooters.
    Have had several 521Ts, esp good rifles. Great for my son when he was young.
    Two that I have kept all these years are
    1. a Rem 514 single shot that I paid $12.65 for in 1956 at 13 years old
    2. Rem 513-SA Sporter that cost me $60 in about 1967.
    The both have accounted for many squirrels, some rabbits,
    The 513SA, fitted with a USA Weaver T-10 has accounted for many
    Prairie Dogs out to 165 yards. Also shot some .22 Silhouette with it
    beltfed/arnie

Wolfdog91,

Thanks for sharing your find and the video. You made out real good on that one. I don't need another .22 LR, but watching that video sure has me thinking I 'want' another one.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Nice find! You got a deal on that. Beautiful stock and metal. I agree whole heartily about those old Remington. If I ran across one of those in that shape and a reasonable price, I'd snag it in a heartbeat. Ya did Good!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

I grew up shooting a 510.

It's the one firearm I didn't get when my dad died. I've looked for a replacement for years.

They are either beat to death or made of gold.

I have picked up a few other Remington 5xx rifles though.
    NRA Benefactor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12