Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask a prayer for Rose

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    She is still in my daily prayers . Grief in a loss like hers is a hard thing .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Amazing the grace a 93 year old woman has.
    Amazingly sad how the GenX acts to grieve an old woman.
    Amazing the support this community shows,
    and the Village shows, when one of us is hurt.
    Thank you for your prayers.

Boolit Master
    These are a remarkable pair. Don and Rose.
    What this obit doesn't say is Don's employees in Morocco were Christian missionarys in a Moslem country.

Johnson, Donald W., DVM, PhD. Age 89, of Green Valley, AZ, passed away on April 4, 2019. He was born May 4, 1929 to Earl and Mae (Christensen) Johnson in Wor thington, MN. He married Rose Marian Nolte in 1950, earned his DVM in 1953 from the U of MN, and served for two years in the USAF in Germany during the Korean Conflict until 1955. He then returned to the U of MN Veterinary College and trained senior vet students in a large animal practice based in Maple Plain, MN, while completing his own PhD in immunology and microbiology (1963), remaining active in his church, and adopting his two children, Scott and Heather. In 1967 he moved to the University of Missouri Vet School and returned to the U of MN in 1969 as a full professor. In 1981 he became the team leader for the MN Project, a USAID program in Rabat Morocco, which supported L'Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan-II. The project helped over 50 students receive advanced training in the US and graduate degrees from IAV. A two year contract became a 23 year adventure, extending after his retirement from the U, including the creation of a startup chicken vaccine business. While in Morocco, he helped reestablish the Village of Hope orphanage in Ain Leuh. He returned to MN in 2004, at first snowbirding to AZ, before settling there year-round as dementia slowly extended its grasp before finally taking him away. He is survived by his wife, his two children and their partners, grandchildren, great grandchildren, his sister Donna (and her husband), along with cousins, nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at the Church of the Redeemer in Arden Hills at 2:00 on June 8, 2019. Memorials will be donated to the educational fund for the children of the Village of Hope and the Vet School at the U of MN.

Was a privilege to know him, and anything Rose wants, I am her neighbor.
    How will we replace Don's generation's commitment to service?

Moderator Emeritus

Prayers for Rose for sure....but your observation about all the older Americans that are alone due to the China Virus is powerful. I also encourage members to check on and go see those shut in. They need to know that we care about them.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Prayers for Rose for sure....but your observation about all the older Americans that are alone due to the China Virus is powerful. I also encourage members to check on and go see those shut in. They need to know that we care about them.

I echo Paul's thoughts ! There are a LOT of shut in's and just older people living in isolation right now . If you can't visit a call letting them know someone is thinking about them can make a big difference .

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    These are a remarkable pair. Don and Rose.
    What this obit doesn't say is Don's employees in Morocco were Christian missionarys in a Moslem country.

Johnson, Donald W., DVM, PhD. Age 89, of Green Valley, AZ, passed away on April 4, 2019. He was born May 4, 1929 to Earl and Mae (Christensen) Johnson in Wor thington, MN. He married Rose Marian Nolte in 1950, earned his DVM in 1953 from the U of MN, and served for two years in the USAF in Germany during the Korean Conflict until 1955. He then returned to the U of MN Veterinary College and trained senior vet students in a large animal practice based in Maple Plain, MN, while completing his own PhD in immunology and microbiology (1963), remaining active in his church, and adopting his two children, Scott and Heather. In 1967 he moved to the University of Missouri Vet School and returned to the U of MN in 1969 as a full professor. In 1981 he became the team leader for the MN Project, a USAID program in Rabat Morocco, which supported L'Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan-II. The project helped over 50 students receive advanced training in the US and graduate degrees from IAV. A two year contract became a 23 year adventure, extending after his retirement from the U, including the creation of a startup chicken vaccine business. While in Morocco, he helped reestablish the Village of Hope orphanage in Ain Leuh. He returned to MN in 2004, at first snowbirding to AZ, before settling there year-round as dementia slowly extended its grasp before finally taking him away. He is survived by his wife, his two children and their partners, grandchildren, great grandchildren, his sister Donna (and her husband), along with cousins, nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at the Church of the Redeemer in Arden Hills at 2:00 on June 8, 2019. Memorials will be donated to the educational fund for the children of the Village of Hope and the Vet School at the U of MN.

Was a privilege to know him, and anything Rose wants, I am her neighbor.
    How will we replace Don's generation's commitment to service?

It's hard to lose the good ones . A wonderful obit for a good man . Still praying .
    Last edited by Boaz; 01-05-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Boolit Master
    Update
    Rose is 92, doing fine, the rest of the extended family is still bouncing off the walls in Minnesota. Do not die without a will. Yesterday after church wife and I visited Rose, then my Buick was dead in her driveway. Blew the fuel pump relay. Made in Korea, so I put in a Mexican relay. My Lord wants my car in her driveway? OK Lord. What next?
    Rose likes roses so I got her a dozen, to make up for blocking her driveway. Drove the Buick home.
    Some people hide their lamp under a bushel.
    Rose shines bright, is a blessing and privilege to pray with her.
    Prayers answered, thank you. It was a dark Christmas for her.

Boolit Master
    Update
    Rose just turned 95
    Better than ever, tough Viking fan.
    Rose asked why God spared her.
    I told her she is spared for her amazing memory and witness.
    Her grandchildren need her strength with their weaknesses.

So thank you for your prayers, prayers answered.

Boolit Bub
    the Lord has blessed you rose.
    (reading this for the first time and seeing how far back "rose" went)

Boolit Master

My mother asked God many times the same question in her last years. She passed last Jan. at 98 yrs. We will be spreading her ashes next week in our family plot here at home. She would always say I don't know why God was keeping me here so long, I want to go home! We'd say He's still got something for you to do. And He did ! She shared the gospel with her care givers.

May God bless Rose and all she touches.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for your prayers

The Rosies of this world are a blessing to talk to.

Prayers sent.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

My mother-in-law, at age 96 kept asking why she couldn't just die and be with her husband. What she did not realize was that she was our gift.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Rose is a gift and has a gift.

As a veterinarian's wife in Morocco, she could talk to Moslem housewives about their chickens.
    She can talk to American women just as easily.

I am here to tell you there are some treasures out there that need visitors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12