MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Lee 6cavity mold nowhere to be found

Boolit Buddy

9mm Lee 6cavity mold nowhere to be found

This is truly amazing. I have never casted for 9mm before and decided I was going to do some casting and give them to my son, I looked around for a 6 cavity mold and you cannot find it anywhere. Seems like its impossible to find anything at all no matter what it is. Then you have those folks on ebay trying to sell that same mold for about $150, they can keep that.

Anyone have any resources to find a six cavity 9mm mold?. This is truly amazing...

Moderator Emeritus

supply and demand...Didn't they teach you that in school?

I believe MP Molds has 9mm molds in stock, theirs are 8 cavity I believe.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    supply and demand...Didn't they teach you that in school?

Isn't MP Molds in a totally different country, I am not too keen on ordering stuff from out of country these days. I ordered a carbon fiber handlebar for my bike back on October the 3rd, the handlebar is nowhere to be found coming from china. The tracking shows that it hasn't even left china yet, they send me another handlebar in good faith and its been about a month for that one and its still in china. They already refunded me back my money but maybe one day it will show up when I least expect it. I already told them I would pay for it if it ever showed up in this lifetime.

Moderator Emeritus

you got a real dilemma on your hands.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

JonB in Glenco is spot on.

If it's 9mm related? Good luck on finding much of anything other than some brass. And I've watched some of it sell lately that rather surprised me. And, pretty much the same looking for anything in .38 caliber for a handgun. I know some resourceful people who decided perhaps they would be better off buying a 125 grain 38 caliber mold and sizing it down for their 9mm. Oops, seems like a lot of others thought the same thing and grabbed those as well. And lastly, finding a mold for casting 380's is perhaps even harder. Been there, done that long ago.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

There's a bunch (as in 6 or 7) on eBay right now - and yeah, they're not the cheapest but demand is high. Pay up or go without, those really are your choices.

Alternatives - the 2-cavity molds in the same style.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Banned
    AMAZON HAS THE LEE PRECISION 356-120-Tc 6 Cavity $67.99 & FREE Shipping

JonB likes this profile, I'm still out on it

Have you considered arsenal molds? I received a 358242 RN 125 Gr. four cavity a few weeks ago. Have not shot any but the Boolets look good. If it's six cavity or nothing can't help but my four is very nice.

If you find one for sale on Amazon at a reasonable price, be sure to confirm they HAVE IT IN STOCK before you submit any funds to buy. Otherwise you may be waiting 4-5 months for it to arrive at your location.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    AMAZON HAS THE LEE PRECISION 356-120-Tc 6 Cavity $67.99 & FREE Shipping

JonB likes this profile, I'm still out on it
    Quote Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post
    If you find one for sale on Amazon at a reasonable price, be sure to confirm they HAVE IT IN STOCK before you submit any funds to buy. Otherwise you may be waiting 4-5 months for it to arrive at your location.
    I do like the Lee 120TC...or I should say my Ruger 9e likes the 120TC
    Amazon says 2 in stock from RIVER RIDGE ENTERPRISES...and they have good feedback. It's tempting to scoop them up and flip 'em on fleabay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boolit Man
    I have one of the Lee 124 grain truncated cone tumble lubed bullet 6 cavity mold I would make you a great deal on. I will tell you up front two of the cavities are trashed due to an ill advised and failed project to remove the TL grooves. So technically, I guess it's now a 4 cavity mold.

I was never able to get this bullet to shoot in my Lone Wolf 9mm Glock barrel, and have since gotten an MP Mold, so I have no use for it.

How about $20 + shipping, and I'll send it your way.

Boolit Master
    I gave up looking for a Lee mould in 225 caliber. Ended up buying one from NOE. They are a little more expensive but made a little better. The blocks have more meat on them. I bought a 5 cav mould. Without the caming action of the Lee, that's probably a good thing that it's not a 6 cav.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    Isn't MP Molds in a totally different country, I am not too keen on ordering stuff from out of country these days. I ordered a carbon fiber handlebar for my bike back on October the 3rd, the handlebar is nowhere to be found coming from china. The tracking shows that it hasn't even left china yet, they send me another handlebar in good faith and its been about a month for that one and its still in china. They already refunded me back my money but maybe one day it will show up when I least expect it. I already told them I would pay for it if it ever showed up in this lifetime.
    I ordered a mold from MP about a month and a half ago and had it within 2 weeks. Great people to deal with.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    I ordered a mold from MP about a month and a half ago and had it within 2 weeks. Great people to deal with.
    I ended up buying one the same night from them and when I saw that it was shipped the next day I was very surprised. I am even more surprised because the mold is going to arrive today (thursday) just four days after ordering. Since it was going to arrive this fast I wanted to get another caliber, unfortunately the size that I want are all sold out.

Boolit Master

I've never had a MP mold take more than five days for delivery. Many of them have arrived in 2-3 days.

NOE molds, if in stock, normally ship the same day. Arsenal molds, if in stock are the same.

Forget Lee. Get a decent mold from one of the three I've mentioned.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    I ended up buying one the same night from them and when I saw that it was shipped the next day I was very surprised. I am even more surprised because the mold is going to arrive today (thursday) just four days after ordering. Since it was going to arrive this fast I wanted to get another caliber, unfortunately the size that I want are all sold out.
    Drop a note to Miha. He might do a run.
    NRA Benefactor.

Banned

I have a bunch of Lee molds and have never had a problem with them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Just ordered an 8-cav in 9mm 115gr - thanks.

Edit: Just got a DHL tracking-number - phenomenal
    Last edited by AndyC; 01-08-2021 at 03:06 AM.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Bub
    yes Miha ships fast and DHL delivers as promised. Worth every penny

Boolit Mold
    out of all these replies to you, I did not see one mention about Midway USA. They have molds for 6 cavity 9mm. But the may be sold out right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast