WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are these ingots ok to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    Making lead bullets is not rocket science. If it's heavy, melts and fills a mold SHOOT IT.
    THIS^^^
    If the ingot will dent with a bit of effort is useable alloy to make a bullet. If it is just handgun midrange loads, probably nothing needs to be added, bhn wont really matter much either.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    THIS^^^
    If the ingot will dent with a bit of effort is useable alloy to make a bullet. If it is just handgun midrange loads, probably nothing needs to be added, bhn wont really matter much either.
    Especially if PC or HiTek coated.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    If it is wheel weight alloy, it is good to go. I admire you skills of negotiation, I have bought lead for a dollar a pound or less for several years.
    If you are unsure of the weight, take an old kitchen scale with you. I answered an add in the paper about 200# of dental lead the guy wanted
    a dollar a pound for the stuff. We negotiated the price and when I went to pick it up it turned out to be in the neighborhood of 160#. I weighted it in his driveway
    before I paid him. His wife wanted it gone(he had it stored in the house) and I got it for 80 cents a pound. They were about to have a child and didn't
    want it in the house anymore. When there were 8 20# piles in the back of my truck, he could see the doubt in my expression and started back peddling
    and lowered the price. The thing that surprised me was hardness of this batch of lead. It was near 12 to 14 BNH.

Boolit Grand Master
    Were they in a steel container?? Residual rust. Can you sample the merchandise before you buy??

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Bub
    I picked up some lead from the same lady today. I got some of the odd sized pieces. Around 200lbs of it. I think a lot of it was coww.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12