Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: 2400 in 7/30

Boolit Master

2400 in 7/30

Hi guys,
    Anyone done much with 2400 in the 7/30 Waters?
    I've come into a pretty good amount of it and would like to find a decent midrange, target load with it. Projectiles will be in the 120-140 grain range, both cast and Jword bullets.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Buddy
    One of the loads I came up for my 7-30 waters 21” barrel, using 2400 powder is:
    135 gr Lee Soup Can cast boolit gas checked, lubbed over 16.9gr of 2400 and CCI-200 LRP.
    I do not remember the velocity I’ve got but it was around 1800 fps or slightly less.
    In my rifle there was no signs of pressure. I will try the same load by changing from standard primers to magnum primers to see what it does to the group. I shot that load at 50 yards testing it and I was getting groups under 1”
    Camba

I would think that data with 2400 in the 30/30 could safely be used in the 7mm version
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Grand Master
    135 gr Lee Soup Can cast boolit gas checked, lubbed over 16.9gr of 2400

My brother uses 17.0 2400 with that boolit from his T/C carbine with <2" fifty yard groups.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    I would think that data with 2400 in the 30/30 could safely be used in the 7mm version
    I'm planning trying some with IMR4198 and 150 NOE Hunters . Mine shot well with Unique and 130 Lee's . 2400 is on my list of powders to try in anything .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by marshall623; 12-27-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Mold
    I use between 14.5 and 17 grains of 2400 for accurate reloads with 130 grain Lee cast, mostly 14.5. They are mild and great up to 200 yds. I use these loads in my Contender carbine. I tried unique but the bullets tend to keyhole.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Trick View Post
    I use between 14.5 and 17 grains of 2400 for accurate reloads with 130 grain Lee cast, mostly 14.5. They are mild and great up to 200 yds. I use these loads in my Contender carbine. I tried unique but the bullets tend to keyhole.
    Any signs of powder position sensitivity with the lower charge weights? I am experimenting at 16.5 grains right now, under a 140 grain SGK. I'm shooting them because my 7mm mold is messed up, and I don't have the $$ to get it fixed or replace it right now.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Mold
    I have never noticed a powder position sensitivity with these loads. They really just shoot great.