Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *******Wolves don’t bother people**********

Boolit Master

Wolves should be released in the parks and green areas of major urban centers before they are release in rural areas.
    The folks who love the wolf so much should learn to appreciate that wolves are predators of opportunity. And wolves, if protected by law, can adapt very quickly to urban environments, solving many urban problems like feral pets and giving the homeless incentive to find homes.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Wolves are so smart, they know to never attack a pair or more of humans. Only singles, only out of sight/tracking of any other humans.

So the easy answer is don't go alone into wolf country!

Much less unarmed.

They know what a gun is and the difference between a shotgun and a scoped rifle. And their effective ranges. Same as a crow that has been shot at does.

I lived for 2 years in Warroad Mn right up on the Canadian Border. I've heard the wild wolves howl in the middle of the night.
    It will freak ya out let me tell ya. Make the hair stand right up on the back of your neck.

Your choice, you can live with them, with some caution. Or you can SSS them, your call.

Just hope your never a hundred miles from anywhere with no gun, no ammo, no fire.
    They will see you as a weak member of the herd to be culled. And they hide the evidence so well that science has zero documented wolf attacks in modern history.

But if you talk to the people who live close to the land, they know.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by pill bug View Post
    This thread alarmed me a bit. I Mean heck, who wants to be eaten by a wolf in the Washington state wilderness?
    I wondered, is this a legit worry? A quick internet search says no. You are far more likely to die from a bee sting, lightening strike, angry deer or just about anything other than a wolf attack.
    So, how many people have been killed in Washington state by wolves? The Answer is none, ever. No person has been killed by a wolf in Washington state in recorded history.

At any given time there is between 120 and 150 active wild wolf in the entire state of Washington and the tribal lands within the state borders.
    Since 2012, 31 wolfs have been eradicated by the state wildlife agency to protect cattle.

Of the 31 eradicated wolfs, 26 have been killed at the request of one single rancher that leases 80,000 acres of federal land to graze 736 pairs of cow and calves. It is alleged that the owner of the cattle does a number of questionably and unethical practices to get as many wolfs killed as possible. The state wildlife agency is said to be compliant in this practice. Wildlife groups are absolutely furious and are demanding action. Oh, and the profit for us the people this rancher is causing? The federal government is getting 4 thousand bucks a year for grazing rights on those (our) 80,000 acres.
    Legit worry? If the past year has taught us anything is not to trust the media or government for information. Their agendas Trump our well-being (yea Trump on purpose).
    Last edited by Der Gebirgsjager; 12-26-2020 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Censor bypass in quote.

Banned

*******Wolves don’t bother people**********

Anyone see that movie, ‘The Grey’, with Liam Neeson?

Unfortunately the current perception (not here at castboolits) but the country on the whole is that the wolf is more bark (or whatever sound they make) and less bite. That being said, a rancher who declares war on wolfs is a liability that we would be better off avoiding.
    As hunters and shooters we have to pick our fights in an increasingly hostile political environment. A fight against wolfs is not winnable and an attempt will only cast us in an unfavorable light.
    The better strategy is to let the wolf stand on its own merits. if it assimilates, great. if it doesn't and eats kids, then let the libs deal with it and they can be the bad guys.
    Last edited by pill bug; 12-26-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    there back because of a bunch of city do gooders. we voted on this in colorado and all the areas that were to have wolfs reintroduced said no, denver and boulder said yes, so now everybody except denver and boulder get wolfs
    I live in Colorado, too, and always wondered why folks in non affected areas even get to vote on stuff like this. Wolves were eradicated for a reason, it took a long time to get rid of them, and I see no reason at all to bring them back.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    I look at the wolf issue kinda like gun control.

The wolf lovers wanted to re-introduce wolfs in several places,, to restore the balance. The provisions were to target a specific number of wolfs as the sustainable population.
    Anti-gunners all say they just want to ban the evil assault types of guns.

Once they got their wish of re-introduction,, then they failed to maintain the targeted number of wolves. They let it increase, without any REAL methods of controls to prevent exceeding the targeted number for sustainable populations.
    Anti-gunners push for more restrictions beyond the assault ban once they feel they have enough political support. They claim it's for the good of all, and again,, they CLAIM it's not going to affect "deer hunting rifles."

Wolves exceed the carrying capacity of the lands they are re-introduced in,, so they expand their territory.
    Anti-gunners want to go after other types of guns,, including many handguns, once they get assault gun bans.

Wolves cause damage & harm to livestock, and kill off a larger portion of wildlife, to where hunting gets even more restrictive.
    Anti-gunners scream for more controls at every large scale shooting,,, blaming the guns, not the criminals.

If you have read this far,, you are already thinking what we know,, that the eco-freaks who push for more wolves, & more protections for them,, are almost always the same people who push for gun control. It's not about what is right,, it's about control & freedoms. They THINK they know what's best,, and look at the world with a rose colored glass vision,, thinking everyone will be living in utopia,, if we just do as they say.
    Wolves and criminals are predators. BOTH need controls.
    Sadly,, reality never seems to hit people until it's a direct hit. And even then,, many make excuses for the actions of either species.

I'm not for the total eradication of wolves,, and I also feel that some criminals can be rehabilitated. But in BOTH species,, the percentages are small.

Wildlife,, such as grizzlies, cougars, wolves, all need a lot of space to live. And when the space is also occupied with humans or their property, (livestock, Fido or Fluffy etc,) these predators can & will take targets of opportunity. It's how they survive. Humans can also be prey,, when the fear of humans is removed from their perspective.
    The biggest difference between a criminal and a wolf when they attack a human,, is a government official will hunt & kill a wolf. But a criminal will get off, or maybe live off the backs of taxpayers. And for the comparison,, a wolf will get the blame for it's actions,, while a gun gets the blame for the actions of a criminal.

Banned
    Sarcasm alert!
    I don’t care if they were here first...
    Wolves, buffaloes and Native Americans...kill ‘em all!
    It’s our Manifest Destiny! Divine Provenance!
    What could go wrong, anyway? We’re wasting time considering adverse effects to the natural order.
    •••
    We have collectively upset the balance of nature in our part of North America since settling & founding this nation. It’ll never be restored to its original state, but we have to find the best balance between our population growth needs and Ma Nature. If we don’t address it now we’ll surely suffer for it later. Even the pockets of wilderness set aside for native flora & fauna are increasingly coming under pressure from development all the way up to their borders.
    I wonder how much longer we can enjoy free country living without cities dictating how they think we ought to live.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pill bug View Post
    This thread alarmed me a bit. I Mean heck, who wants to be eaten by a wolf in the Washington state wilderness?
    I wondered, is this a legit worry? A quick internet search says no. You are far more likely to die from a bee sting, lightening strike, angry deer or just about anything other than a wolf attack.
    So, how many people have been killed in Washington state by wolves? The Answer is none, ever. No person has been killed by a wolf in Washington state in recorded history.

At any given time there is between 120 and 150 active wild wolf in the entire state of Washington and the tribal lands within the state borders.
    Since 2012, 31 wolfs have been eradicated by the state wildlife agency to protect cattle.

Of the 31 eradicated wolfs, 26 have been killed at the request of one single rancher that leases 80,000 acres of federal land to graze 736 pairs of cow and calves. It is alleged that the owner of the cattle does a number of questionably and unethical practices to get as many wolfs killed as possible. The state wildlife agency is said to be compliant in this practice. Wildlife groups are absolutely furious and are demanding action. Oh, and the profit for us the people this rancher is causing? The federal government is getting 4 thousand bucks a year for grazing rights on those (our) 80,000 acres.
    By the time you wake up and realize these wolves are not the native wolf here for time immortal and that hunters opportunities are being pulled out from under you, it might be too late!

The ranching family you repeated the bad vibes written on the internet are actually mighty fine folks! I met a couple of them when I was testifying in Olympia Wa on the subject in front of a State Senate hearing.

You can swallow what you will from the enviros ..... that’s who claim the family is not living up to their commitments.

The fact is that family is really struggling and adhering to the non-lethal protocol. If they were not living up to standards on stewardship, the WDFW would weasel out of killing the offending wolves.

Let me repeat! WDFW only kills wolves under stringent pre-conditions which include the cooperator (rancher) adhere to using all the non-lethal measures!

So take the brainwashing and do with it as you please but you have been fed lies!

I will post the latest in the current page!

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 12-26-2020 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Censor bypass in quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Whoa...! Better not go downstairs..... (cottonmouths in the basement)

DG
    Last edited by Der Gebirgsjager; 12-26-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Boolit Master
    I doubt many people would like to have their kids eaten by wolves just to make the libs look bad. Anyone here good with that?
    Oh, and look up the wolf vs people killed in AK. There are actually a few people that have been killed by wolves. Because of the fake news media, you may not be able to find a lot of info but it has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Sarcasm alert!
    I don’t care if they were here first...
    Wolves, buffaloes and Native Americans...kill ‘em all!
    It’s our Manifest Destiny! Divine Provenance!
    What could go wrong, anyway? We’re wasting time considering adverse effects to the natural order.
    •••
    We have collectively upset the balance of nature in our part of North America since settling & founding this nation. It’ll never be restored to its original state, but we have to find the best balance between our population growth needs and Ma Nature. If we don’t address it now we’ll surely suffer for it later. Even the pockets of wilderness set aside for native flora & fauna are increasingly coming under pressure from development all the way up to their borders.
    I wonder how much longer we can enjoy free country living without cities dictating how they think we ought to live.

I don't necessarily have a problem with wolves running around the woods as part of the ecosystem. The way this was done in Colorado is a recipe for disaster, though. The idiot city voters overwhelmingly voted to put the wolves in places where the locals voted overwhelmingly not to have wolves (and this was done against the objection of the state wildlife department). At best, this will turn into a S-S-S free for all. If you really want wolves reintroduced, you better get consensus or at least acquiescence of the people who will be in the area. I can tell you without a doubt that the majority of elk hunters I know consider a wolf a shoot on sight animal. No doubt the vast majority of ranchers feel the same.

Kind of sad, really, the wolves didn't get a say on being relocated to hostile territory.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Wolves should be released in the parks and green areas of major urban centers before they are release in rural areas.
    May I suggest Chatauqua Park in Boulder, Colorado, for the first release?
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Timber wolves and Coyotes are a natural part of my area, I hear both from time to time when working my land but I always watch for the decoy and shoot it dead as soon as I can solve the range. I have seen it happen to deer, the decoy stays in sight while the pack flanks them then spooks the deer and drives them to the pack. On soft ground, the pack eats every time.

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    May I suggest Chatauqua Park in Boulder, Colorado, for the first release?
    If even a few guys on here knew just how freaking hilarious this suggestion is,,,,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    Timber wolves and Coyotes are a natural part of my area, I hear both from time to time when working my land but I always watch for the decoy and shoot it dead as soon as I can solve the range. I have seen it happen to deer, the decoy stays in sight while the pack flanks them then spooks the deer and drives them to the pack. On soft ground, the pack eats every time.

This is the most real world thing i’ve seen in this thread.

I’ve got family in Colorado that traditionally made part of their living putting up and guiding elk hunters. The herds have been decimated by the Canadian wolf introductions.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	273992
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Live trap them. Load trap onto truck. Drive to city park. Release.

Repeat as needed.
    You got it Don. Same with raccoons, squirrels, chipmunks

To be honest guys, i know absolutely nothing about wolfs. All my info was grabbed from the internet just moments before my first post on the thread.

As I pondered my poor choice of words in the
    "eat Kids" post, My memory was jarred by my only experience with a "pet" wolf hybrid in a tiny High Sierra library a quarter of a century ago.

As I remember it, the librarian was asking the lady owner of the wolf in every polite way possible to remove the animal from the building, and was told the no leash, collarless animal was a harmless pet and it was "ok" for it to be in the building and around people. As they argued, i noticed the most bizarre thing. Never once, for even a fraction of a second did that wolf dog take his eyes off my tot son Stuart, who i had snatched up upon arrival of lady and wolf.

No matter how far we backed off, that "dog"(it looked nothing like a dog) was laser beam focused on my kid. At no time was it even slightly friendly. When the lady finally caught the vibe of every person in the building (complete tension) she somehow managed to manhandle her uncooperative pet out of the building in the same way one would remove an angry cat from a bowl of food, but on a colossal scale with wolf dogs eyes glaring at my kid even as he was hauled out of the door.

A disconcerting experience to say the least. I swear it was almost as big as the full size Direwolf models they had at the La Brea tar pits in Los Angeles. Jeez, i thought pit bulls were scary. not anymore, wolf dog is at a whole different level of scary.
    Last edited by pill bug; 12-26-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast