Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: 32 acp mold

Boolit Bub

32 acp mold

I am looking at casting & loading the 32 acp. Lee molds appear to be too heavy for this caliber @ 90gr. Is there data for this weight of bullet? Not looking to spend a bunch of money for a mold. Is there another source?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I know from this site someone else has probably already done this. I am always amazed at what the members on this site have accomplished.

Thanks

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I've not used the Lee mold but have used 90 grain bullets before, without an issue.

Right now I'm using the Lyman 314 85 grain.

Whereabouts in Ohio are you? If near me I'd be happy to give you a few to try. I'd have to look and see what my load data was and it's all at my folk's place right now. (Apartments stink for shooters and casters especially... )

Boolit Bub
    There was a guy on here Sunndog (maybe not correct spelling) that would make and sell you 73 g cast bullets. I have used his and they are excellent.
    There is also a mold from RCBS at midway for the 73 g bullet.

Boolit Bub
    Would any of you guys want to go in together on the RCBS 32acp 73 g mold?
    We could swap them back and forth. How many times do you cast? I would only need it for a week or so a year.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've used the Lyman #313249 (85 grain RN) in the 32 ACP with good results. More recently I found a Lyman #311252 (77 grain RN) that I believe was purpose-designed for the 32 ACP, but I have yet to pour casting with it.

I have the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook that lists data for both boolits. Several powders are listed for both boolits along with loaded overall lengths. Powders run from Bullseye through Unique in terms of speed, and a pound of fuel goes a LONG way. Also available is the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual, which lists a few loads for their 2 mould designs of 77 and 84 grain weights.

Let me know what you need, I can either copy the data and snail-mail it or if a given powder is contemplated I can post the data here--with the usual caveats concerning Internet load data and all that lawyerspeak.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub
    You are correct the Lyman looks like a lighter bullet for the 32. It says 75 g.
    I have been shooting 1.8g of bullseye in my 32 with either 71g jacketed, or the 75g cast I got from Sunndog. That load works well in my Beretta.

Boolit Buddy
    i use a lyman 313249 sized at 310 in ppk works fine with vectan ba10
    wich is similar to 700x or bullseye 1.3grs 735f/s

While were on the subject of 32ACP, I received an H&R self loader from my Dad.
    He got it from his Dad, who won it in a poker game back in the late 30's, early 40's.

anyway, looks like it never been shot (nobody ever had a clip for it).
    Grandpop and Dad never had anything to do with hand guns, so they just moved it from drawer to drawer over the years.
    When I got it I found it was jammed, and found a piece of a cut nail in the action. I took it out and everything seems to work fine. A lady at the gun show this weekend has a clip waiting for me.

any reason I can't shoot cast out of this?
    Last edited by compass will; 12-19-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Boolit Master

I've loaded some of the 311252s. Mine runs about 78 grains. Think that's what you're looking for. PB and RN./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master

Ed Harris has done a good bit of work with various .32 ACP's. You can see his information at:

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum...944&forum_id=4

Ed was formerly on the NRA Staff and was a development engineer at Ruger. He is completely reliable.

Dale53

burr7870
    If you are interested, PM me and I can send you a few 311252 samples that I have sitting on my bench. They are cast from wheel weights and measure .312 unsized and unlubed. I have them left over from some rounds I cobbled together for a Nagant pistol. I don't recall how they worked in the Nagant becasue I lost my notes from that range session.

Boolit Bub

Thanks

I knew you guys would not disappoint me.

Thanks for the help.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

32acp

The H&R is a copy of the Webly.I use the lee 90 gr in al 3 cart 32acp/32 S&W/32S&W long.woks for me I am using them in a colt and savage.I have the 6 cavity.
    WILDCATT