Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Way to ship powder? How to do?

Boolit Buddy

Way to ship powder? How to do?

I have some 'extra' powder that I just can't see myself shooting anytime and was thinking of converting this to cash on GB. I see a lot of powder selling at attractive prices.

...but I want to ship it legal and I understand it takes a license to do this and the training costs something like $200 for the 'dangerous goods' certification.

So... do people know how to ship it? Are there some brokers or something that will ship it for me for a fee? (beyond the HAZMAT)

I will likely just post it at my gun clubs, but was wondering if I'm missing something here?

You may get lucky if you put.out your.location and put it for sale pickup only. You may have a guy down the street wtb.

Banned
    Most people just list it for sale in their area for a face-to-face transaction & pick-up.
    R/Griff

I bet a lot of those gun broker sellers are shipping it illegally and they just don’t care if they’re endangering people when some of it happens to possibly go on airplanes.

Boolit Master
    Carry it to a pawn shop and see if they will depose of it properly.

Banned
    Back before this COVID nonsense, a gun show would be a good place to sell it. You don't need your own table, just a friend with a table.

Face to Face local sales would be the next best outlet.
    A gun shop is unlikely to take it on consignment BUT they might know some of the reloaders in the area that would be interested.

Boolit Grand Master
    On the advice of a member, I put my stuff on our state gun site (Michigan Gun Owners) and I have sold a lot of stuff in the last week. All FTF. I have been getting somewhere between pre-shortage and Gunbroker prices. Everyone seems happy to be getting stuff even if they are "overpaying"...according to some here.

I have looked into the HazMat course and it was worth doing in my case as I have a lot of excess inventory. For a few jugs of powder or 10k primers it would not be worth the hassle IMHO.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    When I have questions like this, I call BATF in the Minneapolis/St. Paul office. They are helpful, much more than the local Montana office in Helena.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I read on another forum it cost roughly $900 to attend hazmat training. The course was a week long. That’s second hand info so please confirm before believing.
    East Tennessee

Moderator Emeritus

In most cases, for use Hobbyists, it ain't worth getting certified to ship Hazmat. We just had a discussion about it, seems some of us have different info than others, as to the cost of training, and maybe it's just that it is different in different parts of the country?
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...zMat-certified

Are there some brokers or something that will ship it for me for a fee?
    I don't know of any in my area of the country, but there could be?
    That would be something to check out in your local area, I guess.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001