Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingPBcastcoRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.15x46R Schuetzen

My 8.15x46R is an "H. Speeman in Neuss" Schuetzen. Still haven't shot it enough to really get onto it yet. I just know that it has the lightest set trigger of any rifle I've owned yet (and I've had a bunch of set trigger guns!). This one will need to be set a bit harder as I'm getting too many "Oh Damn!" rounds when I touch the trigger too soon. Luckily this one has a bunch of reformed brass and a set of CH4D dies. Too many guns and not enough time or energy to play with them all ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Bub
    Beautiful rifle, Al!!!

Yes, I've been very lucky over the past few years and fell into some real beauties!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    H. Speeman in Neuss was a Distributor for other gunsmith made German rifles and normally engraved their name on the top barrel flat. This was common for Schuetzen rifle sales. Yours has a Martini block not the Aydt System type drop block
    Nice clean rifle -Congratulations plus because it still has the rear vernier. Many Schuetzens had the sight stripped off and a replacement is hard to find unless custom made
    Last edited by John Boy; 10-22-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    Regards
    John

Yes ... again I've been very lucky. Years ago I bought another German Schuetzen rifle based on the 71 Mauser action in 9.5x47R and it still has it's original rear peep sight too. No luck on the adjustable barrel sight for either though. I understand that most of the serious Schuetzen competitors shot in two different categories that used a peep sight in one match and an adjustable open target sight mounted on the barrel for another. They could be quickly mounted and then dismounted using a rail milled in to the barrel flat. Since those optional target adjustable barrel sights were likely kept separate in a pouch or a small fitted case when many of the these rifles were "liberated" by vets during the war the accessories didn't stay with them. Such is life ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12