Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: open info for ebay shoppers

Boolit Master

open info for ebay shoppers

ebay has moved to direct deposit, they dropped pay pal
    it sounds good at first look, here is the problem it takes about 5 business days to get a payment to clear. Either for sell or buy
    they do a { FEE ] and its looks like now about 14% the way they are doing.
    BIG problem this is new to them , so dont get scamed for PHISHING wanting you info
    just some info, been there

Vendor Sponsor

I never got a notification saying they were dropping PP and now only accepting direct deposit. Ebay items still show PP as a form of payment. Sure someone wasn't phishing *you*?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

This is Ebays new Managed Payments.
    They started rolling this out earlier this year, and not all sellers are enrolled, but all of them will be in the next few months.

This has virtually zero effect on buyers, except that credit card payments are supposed to be easier. Buyers can still use PP, and will not see any change dealing with PP. Buyers will not have to wait for payments to clear, and sellers will be expected to ship items once Ebay has the payment.

Pay outs to sellers can take as little as 2 days, but may take as long as 5, depending on how long the sellers bank takes to clear payments, and what day of the week it is.

Items paid for on Friday night will not be paid out untill Monday morning, and if your bank takes 2 days to clear a payment, you won't get paid until Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I know that I still shop on there. I use PP, with no problem
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Grand Master

I used PP today, twice on ebay???
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Joe504 explains it well . . . . .

I have purchased off of there as recently as yesterday and no issues at all - I use my checking account to transfer to PP for payment. I have noticed that when checking my checking account, there is sometimes a delay in fund transfers between accounts but nothing other than a day or two at the most.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    double post deleted - sorry

It's more expensive for sellers +I waited 5 days to get paid
    NRA Life Member
    learn to make your own black powder collect bp arms as there presently not recorded
    smokless is a fad its fading fast, helped along by obama

Boolit Master

I had a transaction go south on Ebay from a "Ebay managed Payment" Seller. Bought the item; used PP and then found out the item wouldn't ship for 30+ days. I contacted the Seller requesting cancellation of the item and Seller agreed. The catch; that was on Nov. 9th and I still haven't been refunded. Ebay says it's Paypal's problem and PP says Ebay should take care of it. The real kicker; the Seller, as a managed payment seller NEVER DISCLOSES ADDRESS OR ANY ACCT INFO. Ebay won't provide the sellers info and neither will PP. I guess I'm going to have to file a IC3 report and wait a few more months. The amount of the transaction was $196.50 so I'm not going to take NO FOR AN ANSWER.
    Advice; watch closer to the listing and see the sellers info for your security; I didn't.

Boolit Master
    I've not been to ebay for maybe 10 years, and I refuse to use pay-pal. I am getting along just fine without either of them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I've not been to ebay for maybe 10 years, and I refuse to use pay-pal. I am getting along just fine without either of them.
    I'm beginning to think you're right!

Boolit Master

eBay is far from the fun place it was 20-25 years ago. I think my first buy there was around 97-98? Back then there was a lot of really good deals.

Wonder why no one had successfully start up a decent alternative to eBay?

There are alternatives to eBay, but unfortunately none are that good.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Agree 100%. Ebay ruined the markets for many of the items I deal with (not guns or ammo) and used to by from local antique stores and malls. Have not been on that evil site in at least 6 years and I closed my PP account a year B4 that.

Boolit Master

EBay disputes have been a circus side show from the start. Do you know where feedback came from? It was one of their early attempts to fix the problem. How well did that work out?
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.