Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 'Rona finally got me

Hey fam,

Thanks for all the well wishes. As stated earlier, I’ve been really lucky. I’ve had common cold far, far worse than this.

I believe I gave it to my nephew and father in law. My niece has it too. The results are back for my son (12), daughter (5), and my youngest (1), but they won’t tell me the results. Has to be a nurse so I’m awaiting the call back.

Please don’t turn this into a political argument. We get enough division already. One thing this place has that keeps us all together is the love of pouring lead.

Let’s not lose focus of that.

Love y’all glorious ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I always did dirty work ,had dirty hands,so I learned long ago not to touch my face.....and I havent had any kind of flu (nor vaccination) for 40 years at least........Yeah,I try to remember to wash my hands,but if they are clean ,I sometimes forget ...but getting better at it ......And Ive always avoided people who have to stand on my toes to talk to me...silly habit......I always stand well back from people....been accused of being shifty,devious......But it works...so far.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

This is Rickys wife he is in ICU not doing so well, please keep him and our family in your prayers. Im not sure how to navigate this site but im trying so I can keep you all updated.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master

My younger brother (65) caught it and only had mild symptoms for 3 or 4 days. His sense of smell came back and he was feeling fine. The next morning the fever came back and had a hard time breathing. His oxygen level dropped to 89%. Ended up going to the hospital with Covid pneumonia. Was on 5 days of Resmed before he got released. So far he is doing fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by RP View Post
    This is Rickys wife he is in ICU not doing so well, please keep him and our family in your prayers. Im not sure how to navigate this site but im trying so I can keep you all updated.
    So sorry to hear about Ricky! Praying for God to touch his body!

Update:

My wife, 12 month old daughter, niece, nephew, and FIL got it.

My son and other daughter are negative. Doc said they probably have it too as there’s a 30% false negative rate.

Boolit Buddy
    So sorry to hear anyone getting it. Prayers for them and the families, may God be by there side.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Good afternoon gang,

Well, this Covid-19 finally got me. About two weeks ago, what I thought was my allergies started acting up. Gradually, my sense of taste and smell went away. Last Sunday, I got the rapid test for Covid just to be on the safe side. It’s very common for me to lose my taste and smell about this time every year due to severe allergies, resulting in me getting steroid shots from my doc.

That rapid test came back negative. After driving 18!hrs to Wisconsin for Christmas, I told my sister in law (nurse practitioner and recently tested positive) that I still couldn’t smell or taste.

She prompted me to get the swab test done as those rapid test can be inaccurate. Sure enough, that test came back positive.

All as been well with me. I have a very slight fever of 99.2 but no body aches, chills, or fatigue, etc. If I hadn’t got tested, I’d chalked it up to allergies.

Y’all stay safe out there. I’m extremely blessed that that’s all I’ve felt so far.

Oh yeah, my BP spiked up as well. Heard that’s common with the infection.

My family got tested today. Y’all pray that everything will be ok for them.

Merry Christmas, y’all!

The rapid tests are about 49% accurate from what I've been told. They are not a good indication of whether you actually have COVID or not. If you have the symptoms, it's best to assume you do have it, get swab tested like you ultimately did, and then quarantine yourself. I'm happy to hear that you seem to have a mild case of it. I hope it stays that way and that your family avoids experiencing it. I've had it, and it's not fun.

I hope you and your family get well soon.
    Merry Christmas!

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent, I hope he gets well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    If that is a phone number...pull it.,
    You might want to delete the quote in your post. We can still see the number.

Boolit Bub
    And your pm box is full, dverna. Tried to message you to say that.

Boolit Buddy

I pray everyone stays safe from the Corona. But remember that Elon Musk recently had four Wuhan virus tests. Two came back positive and two came back negative.

Who knows.

But a major indicator is fever. If you have a temperature, assume you’ve got it.
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    It just continues to amaze me at how much misinformation there is surrounding testing for SARS2!
    Do what you think is best for you, but remember, from the day you where born, something has been trying to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Stick View Post
    I pray everyone stays safe from the Corona. But remember that Elon Musk recently had four Wuhan virus tests. Two came back positive and two came back negative.

Who knows.

But a major indicator is fever. If you have a temperature, assume you’ve got it.
    Yeah, I never had a fever.

Cast Boolits Owner

I spoke with Jackie last night. If I understood her correctly Ricky’s condition will not improve. He was given the choice of being placed on a ventilator but could not decide so he left the decision up to his wife & kids. They have placed him on a ventilator. I will try to keep y’all updated.

Robert

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Praying it all works out. Been a lot of this cloud and wearing on us all. God Bless!!

I don't know who Ricky is, but supposedly being on a ventilator is a horror show for the person being ventilated. That's why they don't like to do it unless a coma is induced or the person is already in one. I feel so sorry for him.

In all the procedures I've had done, whenever a machine is doing my breathing it's always accomplished when I'm asleep and removed before I wake up. From what I've heard there's a very good reason for that.

Ricky is member RP, a supermoderator and official Cast Boolit Sketch Artist. He's also a gentleman and scholar. He is very sick so please pray for him and his family.

Boolit Bub
    I logged on to come ask for an update. My thoughts are with him and his family. May he come through this well.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Fight it Ricky, we are with you!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by minerat View Post
    he is very sick so please pray for him and his family.
    wilco

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast