Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Local BPCR competitions?

Boolit Bub

Local BPCR competitions?

Is anyone aware of any places in Vermont or New Hampshire that have bpcr meets?

Boolit Buddy
    None in VT or NH that I'm aware of. The closest to you would be Wilton, NY near Glens Falls. They are an odd bunch. They don't like to have to set targets so they just shoot the sighter 10 times. It is sort of an insider club and aren't very welcoming of outsiders. They will tolerate you but that's about it. I guess it's a New York thing. Ridgway, PA is the next closest organized match to you. There you will be made to feel welcome and offers to help you will be plenty. No matches were held there last year due to the Covid 19 but a lot of work was done to the ranges in preparation for this upcoming year. The match schedules will be posted early next year. Check it out.

Boolit Bub
    I also have no idea about BPCR silhouette matches in NH or VT. There are some at Shippensburg, PA in addition to Ridgeway. That might the marginally closer. I haven't been myself yet, but I plan on it this coming year. A guy local to me has told.me they're very excited for new shooters and have had a few new guys show up during 2020.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I have heard about the Ridgeway matches. Even spoke to a guy in NH that does a bunch of work there, very nice guy. Just hard to travel that far with family and other obligations. Perhaps I can make one this summer though!

Boolit Bub
    Sounds like a good place to try, I go through there on an annual pilgrimage to Maryland.

Boolit Buddy
    The guy from NH used to run the BPCR matches at Ridgway. You should try at least one match at Ridgway this summer. The Nationals are to be held there in late July. You should get at least one match in before attending the Nat'ls so you will be familiar with the procedures. Shippensburg, PA is another good match. If you are in the area give it a try. The matches are the 3rd Sat starting in March through Oct.

Boolit Man
    Ridgway has their entire match schedule posted:http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/Club...dar%202021.pdf
    the club site is : http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/
    Lots of information there as well as a list of local places to stay. From your area figure its a 2 day drive. The former Match director would take 2 days to come down and 2 to go home. There are also local attractions to take in if you have the family along. As a rule the day before is a practice day and the following day is the match. Its a good well run match as well as a good challenge. Bring lots of ammo. At least 60 for the match. probably that much more for practice and a bit more if you want to take on Homer11, a half size buffalo out at about 950 yards or so. Good place, good people and good fun.
    Sam

Boolit Mold
    As Mr. Bly said, the closest to you is probably Wilton range in Saratoga, NY. It is right off of the interstate. I shot a match there two years ago. The guys were friendly but they only shoot swingers, no knock downs. They hold their matches on the first two Sundays of the month. I believe they're held year-round.

I tried shooting there again this past summer but called ahead to make sure that non-members were still welcome to shoot in their matches. Unfortunately I was told that due to COVID the club was only open to members.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by bignut View Post
    I have heard about the Ridgeway matches. Even spoke to a guy in NH that does a bunch of work there, very nice guy. Just hard to travel that far with family and other obligations. Perhaps I can make one this summer though!
    I certainly had you fooled didn't I (very nice guy)

Shippensburg is a little closer but Ridgway is a thousand yard range.
    From where I am in NH it's a bit more than10 hours one way, which is why I prefer taking two days.
    If your towing a trailer, there's a good campground just outside of Bloomsburg PA.
    It's minutes off I-80 and the owner's one of us.

http://www.indianheadcampground.com

Hopefully we'll be able to shoot this year.

Craig
    Live Free or Die Death is not the worst of all evils

Boolit Bub
    Hello Craig! PM me your address, I still owe you some syrup... By the way, the baco castings you sent me were superbly accurate!