Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: lyman handles

Boolit Master

lyman handles

i recently bought a lyman Minnie Ball mould and used
    my rcbs handles and i noticed the mould halves didnt line up when closing as well when using rcbs moulds. i have heard they lyman and rcbs handles are interchangable.

Boolit Master

From my experiences, they more or less have been interchangeable. In the case of several moulds, I have had to thin the handles a bit to get them in the slots and on one, take a little off the end with the Dremel too. Other than that they've worked pretty well./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy
    Yes . You might have to physically adjust the handles a little, thats not uncommon.
    Dave

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Dave View Post
    Yes . You might have to physically adjust the handles a little, thats not uncommon.
    Dave
    i guess what im asking is buying lyman handles for lyman moulds cause it close correctly without having to jerry rig something that works?

Boolit Buddy
    Personally I can only recommend the handles made by KAL tool and die. They are cheaper than the Lyman handles and much better quality. His handle on here is Red River Rick, and he is also in the vender section.

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    i guess what im asking is buying lyman handles for lyman moulds cause it close correctly without having to jerry rig something that works?
    Yes.

Lyman handles fit Lyman molds just fine, as do the other brands if you keep them together.
    Mixing & matching can be done, but ya sometimes have to thin them out or drill a extra pair of holes for the mold block.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Personally, I use strictly RCBS handles on Lyman and RCBS blocks and seem to get interchangeability throughout. I prefer the longer and more generous RCBS sized handles. I have used the Lyman handles for years but have gradually changed over and I'm happy with the situation. Very few problems./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master
    For the small single cavity Ideal/Lyman moulds that I like to use for schuetzen bullets, I prefer the original small handles from Lyman, so I’ve built up a small stock of them for just that reason. For the larger single cavity and the double cavity Lymans, I agree with brother beagle that the longer RCBS handles just seem to do a better job. For MP & NOE moulds, I’ve found that Lee handles, even though they are among the least expensive handles intended for multi-cavity moulds, work well for me. This is my personal experience of course, YMMV.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"