Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Is there such a lube

Is there such a lube

I live in Florida so I’m looking for a lube that’ll work in the heat and winter when the hunting season comes along. I cast for 38 special, 44 special, 32 Winchester and 45-70. I’d love to find a lube that’ll work for everything and White Label offers some good choices but I’d like to hear from folks that actually use these calibers. Is there such a lube ?
    Burch
    buzzard`s gotta eat, same as the worms
    Josey Wales

Ben’s Red and BLL work great in the heat and cold. Works great for speed too... I use it for 2400 FPS. and up. Works just as good for slower speeds too. Of course, both of these lubes are home made.

It would also be nice to have a lube for my lubrisizer that doesn’t require a heater.
    buzzard`s gotta eat, same as the worms
    Josey Wales

+1 on
    Ben's red.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    Powder coat is not the answer,, WHY??

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMk View Post
    Powder coat is not the answer,, WHY??
    That was my thought. Powder coat is the lube for all time.

Banned

SPG is my choice for everything from 22 hornet to 505 Gibbs! They also just started making a higher temperature lube.

Moderator Emeritus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burch View Post
    It would also be nice to have a lube for my lubrisizer that doesn’t require a heater.
    SPG lube. I use it for my .358-158 bullets and also for my 452-200 bullets. I don't do a lot of shooting in cold weather, but it CAN get very hot and humid here in Iowa in the summer.

Boolit Master

If you want a lube that is commercially available, NRA 50/50 (aka Javelina, Tamarack) has been doing what you ask for 50 years or better. It's available from White Label Lubes; He also has several others that you might find satisfactory.

If you're willing to make your own lube, any of the suggested items above will work well. The simplest, both to make and to use, is Ben's Liquid Lube (BLL). Lubing boolits doesn't get any easier than that! White Label also has a version of this.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Buddy
    I use White Label BAC lube in everything from 223, 30/30, 308, 30/06, 35 whelen, 45/70 rifle loads to 9mm, 44 special, 44 mag, 45 colt, 38 special, 357 mag handgun loads. Rifle loads are under 2000fps and handgun loads are under 1200fps. I am not a velocity speed demon and this lube works in all weather for me and i see no need to use anything else. I am happy that White Label puts out such a great product and i know they are appreciated............................Curdog

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Burch, put paraffin in your lube with mutton tallow and bees wax and you’ll never have a temperature issue ... https://www.google.com/search?q=parr...=firefox-b-1-m
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

I also live in Florida. Jacksonville area. Bens Red worked well until a hot summer day and direct light. I searched and found SL-68B and have since switched to that. Works well all year around. Ben's works well also untill those 100 degree days and ammo left in the sun to bake.

I still use Ben's but I just keep the ammo out of the sun. I only use it in riffle. Works great. But I think what I mixed up causes lube purging in the extreme heat and sun. I mixes up a large batch.... takes longer than expected to use it up.

SL-68B works great in everything. I use it in pistol and riffle. Mild 38 special loads all the way up to almost jacketed speeds. 100 degrees out or 30 degrees. It works.

PC works great also if the gun likes it and it shoots accurately use that. My 380 ACP shoots PC well. 9mm not so much. Only my 6.5 Grendel will shoot PC for my riffles.

In all honesty I think its the soap component that helps with extreme temp swing. So anything soap based is your best bet.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

Lithium - Beeswax Lube (aka Lithi-Bee Lube)
    As made by Garth Choate , they no longer make lubricants but shared recipe :

1 part Lithium Grease ( I have used Lucas Red-N-Tacky Lithium , Garth C. didn't specify a brand)
    3 parts cleaned Beeswax

This is a good soft lube that has never failed in the applications you want to use it in .
    Needs no heat to apply and flows easily in the barrel .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"