Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: "The Chosen"

"The Chosen"

Has anyone watched this series? There are currently eight episodes, (one season). I've watched all of them, and gotta say, I'm loving it.

The writers seem to stick to scripture, while adding more detail and personality to the characters than what the scripture provides. It seems well done, and I don't think they've over stepped.

I'd like to know what others think. I seem to feel the Holy Spirit working in this project. jd

Hello!? Is there anybody out there?

I see my thread has had plenty of views, with no response. Seems odd that no one has any knowledge or opinion of this series.

In any case, may God bless ya all with a wonderful Christmas time and joyous celebration for the coming days and the rest of your year. jd

Boolit Master

I can not comment because I have not watched the show or much TV at all, Merry Christmas!

I also can't comment as I haven't watched the series...however it's noted, when/if I get around to it. I've been busy.
    Have a joyous, blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Bub

Yup. Well, kinda. I only watched the first episode (a few times) on the recommendation from someone close to me. I enjoyed seeing what I've read. Like you said, there is so much more that can be inferred from what is written. There is so much culture and tradition lost in translation to a typical modern citizen of the USA. Like when Jesus first called the apostles, a Rabbi was very highly regarded in their culture, so getting called up to 'the show' might be compared to a sports fan of our day playing in the super bowl, world series, wimbleton, indy500, or stanley cup in our day of sports.

There were some obstacles when trying to watch over a myriad of platforms. The contribution requests got a little old.

I enjoyed watching the videos on the production just as much, if not more than, the episode. Like you said, the Holy Spirit is where there are two or more gathered in His name.

These episodes can be seen for free on YouTube. After the first two, I guess I was hooked. They seemed to get progressively better. They sure beat watching most of the trash that comes out of the magic box. jd

Boolit Master

You must have a virused TV to get that channel !

Quote Originally Posted by augercreek View Post
    You must have a virused TV to get that channel !

Well, it's the same TV that brings us "Little House on the Prairie" and "Gun Smoke".

Actually I've been doing most of the YouTube access on this laptop. jd

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for the review. Will take a look over the weekend. Although I’m kind of sad at finding single season shows that are worth my time and don’t insult my faith, values or intelligence, only to get hooked and find out they don’t get renewed or extended.
    I’ll have to say the exception we found a while back was “Heartland”. Haven’t missed an episode and having withdrawls waiting for last season to air in the states.

The fella who is producing and directing "The Chosen", is planning for seven or eight seasons I think. He is putting it out there for free, and folks like us are pledging and paying for it to be streamed for -- new viewers?

If you watch an episode on YouTube, he has spent time to explain this, and talk about the production, and other pretty interesting stuff. I'm a beginner with it, and don't really understand how it works; but that's not uncommon for me.

I seem to be liking it, and I'm feeling God at work, so I'll probably try to find out how to contribute. I guess I'm at that point where a human finds something he enjoys, and wants to share and enjoy it with others. Hmmmmm--- almost sounds evangelical. jd

I thought The Chosen was great. We watched it last fall or late summer. We'll look for Christian movies to stream as well. Some of them are pretty good.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

The writers seem to stick to scripture, while adding more detail and personality to the characters than what the scripture provides. It seems well done, and I don't think they've over stepped.
    The problem I have with that series is the writers ASSUME they know details. Kinda like accepting the TV versions of what was going on, You get into the personalities and forget the main story.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    The problem I have with that series is the writers ASSUME they know details. Kinda like accepting the TV versions of what was going on, You get into the personalities and forget the main story.
    Yeah, I also have that concern, and mean to be watchful of it. This is kind of why I wanted to bounce this off of others who may have seen the show. jd

It is a well produced show, with a good message. It can be hard to translate language from another culture and era to something that is understandable for modern viewers; for me sometimes the dialogue is a bit jarring.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free