Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: WTB 9mm bullets to try

WTB 9mm bullets to try

I'm trying to decide on a 1st mould for 9mm bullets. A 358-125 RNFP was suggested to me. Also suggested was an ad here looking for some to try before buying the mould. At this time I have no way to lube or size the bullets.

My mind is not closed to other suggestions.

I'm new to casting so I sure hope what I'm asking makes sense.

Thanks

I have some large hollow point, no lube groove, powder coated bullets from an mp-molds 357-125 mold. They are sized to .358”, but I could size them to .357” if that is what you need. Send pm if interested.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I have some LEE 356-120 TC that are powder coated and sized at 356. I also have the LEE 356-125 2R powder coated and sized at 356. Send a PM if you want to try some. No cost just shipping.

9mm barrel inside dimension is .355 ideally. If your barrel is .355 then you need a cast boolit .356 or .357 (.001 -.002 larger). I found my 9mm barrel's actual I. D. was .356. I cast some 358-125 RNFP sized at .358 and could not get them to chamber. I found they were too large at .358 and found they needed to be seated quite a bit farther into the case than I expected before they would chamber correctly. I tried .358, .357, and .356 all powder coated. When all was done the answer was to size to .357 and set my OAL as if they were a round nose by setting it long then into the magazine and see if they chamber. Using a dummy round (no powder) If not then make them a tiny bit shorter and try chambering again. If not make them a bit shorter and so on till they chamber. Once they run through your gun Remember the more you reduce the length the more pressure will develop, so, start your ladder test with the minimum starting load. Test by looking at accuracy.

The composition of your alloy will affect the size the mold drops.
    Last edited by bbogue1; 12-26-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain