Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japan Called And They Want My Wife’s Kubota Back!

Boolit Master

Japan Called And They Want My Wife’s Kubota Back!

Japan sold all their capable equipment to rest of the world and now they are digging out by hand!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Japan+...22&form=HPNN01

Meanwhile her tractor sits snug in the barn with the six way front mounted blade!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    This reminds me of being stuck in Murdo, South Dakota for a few days, along with hundreds of other people. We took refuge in the school gym with hundreds of others, all motels were packed, and many were stuck on the interstate. I had my cross country skis with me, and skied several miles of the interstate checking people in their cars.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Like Victoria I Here in bc in 96 when they got 4ft of snow in one night completely shut down the city after they listened to the global warming expert telling city council they would never see snow there again because of global warming

Banned
    I saw that snowstorm report from Japan.

The Japanese are very resourceful and resilient people, they will deal with the problem and they will not whine while doing it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cast_outlaw View Post
    Like Victoria I Here in bc in 96 when they got 4ft of snow in one night completely shut down the city after they listened to the global warming expert telling city council they would never see snow there again because of global warming
    I bet a lot of people wish there was a bit of "global warming" err, climate change.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    I saw that snowstorm report from Japan.

The Japanese are very resourceful and resilient people, they will deal with the problem and they will not whine while doing it.
    You got that right!!!
    Don Verna

Banned
    This report: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-55359771 is from Honshu, the main island.
    The northern island, Hokkaido, gets an enormous amount of snow and they are a bit better at dealing with it. A friend spent some time there and talked about the snow & winter there. He said they are very stoic and just carry on with what needs to happen. They don't shut down due to the weather.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 12-18-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Boolit Master
    I don't remember the year but one December I was driving from Florida to Maine to visit my family for Christmas and somewhere on I-95 in the Carolina's there were a lot of vehicles off the road including a few jackknifed semi's and at least on on its side. I admit it was pretty treacherous, icy patches covered with a dusting of snow and then packed snow. Being from Maine and had learned to how to drive in snow after crashing into my share of snow banks I just kept on trucking. I think it was that same year on my way back to Florida, it was either on the Mass Turnpike or I-8X in Connecticut there was a foot of snow on the road and people were driving in the ruts. You couldn't pass because it was just too risky to leave the ruts and go out into the other lane. I guess if you had a big truck you might try it but I was driving a Chevy Nova. You could not stop and pull over and wait for a plow or you would get stuck. I think I drove that way for 30 miles before I got to plowed road.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

I remember driving from Fairmont, WVA to Front Royal, VA when I was in College at WVU after a snowstorm. LOML and I counted the vehicles off the road - and every one was a 4 wheel drive vehicle! No traction means no traction - two or four drive. When living in NH I drove a Mazda pickup - with studded snow tires and weight behind and never got stuck or slid. Driving in snow I had two rules - put it in second and don't take it out of second, and drive as if you have no brakes because you don't.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    I remember driving from Fairmont, WVA to Front Royal, VA when I was in College at WVU after a snowstorm. LOML and I counted the vehicles off the road - and every one was a 4 wheel drive vehicle! No traction means no traction - two or four drive. When living in NH I drove a Mazda pickup - with studded snow tires and weight behind and never got stuck or slid. Driving in snow I had two rules - put it in second and don't take it out of second, and drive as if you have no brakes because you don't.
    yes, pretty much the worst thing you can do driving in snow is touch the brake pedal. Don't even take your foot off the gas pedal abruptly. I never drove a standard transmission vehicle in the snow so can comment about second gear.

Tim

Boolit Grand Master

Second gear - starting off in first is too abrupt, you will spin. If you are going faster than second gear provides you are driving too fast for conditions.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I am more than happy that my Kubota has never seen snow.

Boolit Master

I was in the D.C. area the winter of 2003,04, it wasn't bad, but had a few days of snowy, icy days. Going into work was a long, fairly steep hill with an intersection and light at a busy intersection. Going down that part, you had to judge speed, time and distance so you didn't slide into the intersection and end up being broadside or sliding into the car in front of you. Pretty scary situation. I was familiar with driving in snow and ice from driving in Germany and Oklahoma. Had an automatic transmission, but used it like a standard. Couldn't wait to get out of that place and back to God's country where we don't see that white stuff.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I am more than happy that my Kubota has never seen snow.
    Oh, come on now! Be a sport!

LOL!

You get one twice as big as you think you can get by with, add the loader with skid steer quick change, the third valve circuit for the front, 4x4, the deluxe cab, block heater if it goes deep minus F, treat the fuel and top it of with a six way blade with hydraulic angle. ..... and you are set!

If you are in wind prone areas like the Midwest you probably will be more inclined to add a blower instead.

We had a hard late developing winter in 18/19 here in Central WA and my wife got fed up even in her Subaru, so she went tractor shopping in the summer of 19.

We wanted a good blade and a grapple to handle fire wood logs. We settled on Blue Diamond and are they ever built!

So we started with a skiff of snow fall of 19 and never got more than a measly two inches all winter long!! All dressed up and no party!

Three44s

Banned
    "...........All dressed up and no party!"

Have a spare tire, working jack and a lug wrench and you'll never have a flat tire

Let the air out of that spare tire and drive 2 miles down the road and your odds of having a blowout go up considerably.

Boolit Master

Three44s I have the front loader, a finish mower, box blade, four wheel drive and I'm looking at a 3 point fertilizer spreader. A snow plow or block heater is not in my foreseeable future. They are fantastic tools though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    I was in the D.C. area the winter of 2003,04, it wasn't bad, but had a few days of snowy, icy days. Going into work was a long, fairly steep hill with an intersection and light at a busy intersection. Going down that part, you had to judge speed, time and distance so you didn't slide into the intersection and end up being broadside or sliding into the car in front of you. Pretty scary situation. I was familiar with driving in snow and ice from driving in Germany and Oklahoma. Had an automatic transmission, but used it like a standard. Couldn't wait to get out of that place and back to God's country where we don't see that white stuff.
    I had traveled to the DC area for work around 2015. I was driving to the plant after a snowy night and noticed the traffic was unusually light. I got work and the parking lot was empty. They had declared it a snow day but nobody thought to let me know. It did not even occur to me to call to check. Seemed like a typical snow storm nothing serious.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Three44s I have the front loader, a finish mower, box blade, four wheel drive and I'm looking at a 3 point fertilizer spreader. A snow plow or block heater is not in my foreseeable future. They are fantastic tools though.
    Well if I was in Florida, I believe I’d pass on that winter stuff as well! LOL!

Good luck on your search for a spreader. I suppose the likely used internet based sources?

Best regards

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

It's been cold enough here, 12F overnight, that the lakes are frozen but no snow. The worst single day snowfall I remember was Halloween of '91. I was working the 1800-0600 shift, driving an Chev Caprice RWD squad car. We got about 18" of snow during my shift. I got pretty familiar with operating the snow shovel (grain scoop) that night. I now have a Case IH 595 (54 hp tractor) with a 7' snow bucket & 78" rear mounted blower. I have it all ready to go so I doubt that we'll get much snow.

Boolit Master
    going down hill on ice is the worst,you definitely cant stop even at tick over in 1st gear .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast