Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best General 10mm Powder

Boolit Master
    RESEARCH THIS before you buy any, but look at AA#7 and Winchester 572. These MAY be approximations of the now-discontinued HS-7 propellant. I think the latter is "new and improved", in some way, so perform your reloading work-up prudently.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    For light and moderate loads Unique works surprisingly well. I’ve had good luck getting very accurate loads with it.
    Agreed Unique is one powder every re loader should keep in the caninet. VERY FEW calibers it wont do very well in!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have:
    Promo
    Bullseye
    HS7
    Unique
    Power Pistol
    Titegroup and a few others.

I'm just trying to come up with a general powder to use for all around stuff.
    yup anything in that range. I like aa9 mostly because i have 8 jugs of surplus but also because with 180s or heavier it give great velocitys without glock bulge pressures. second choice would be hs6. cheapest (if i had to buy actual aa9) that would give good velocity with the least powder used with be unique, power pistol or universal clays. Id add herco in there too but its to dirty for semi auto guns. General do it all powder?? Hands down unique. Been that since i started loading 50 years ago and probably will be 50 years from now. But today gwpercle hit it on the head. Its what you can find to make it go bang and a guy cant be fussy.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    yup anything in that range. I like aa9 mostly because i have 8 jugs of surplus but also because with 180s or heavier it give great velocitys without glock bulge pressures. second choice would be hs6. cheapest (if i had to buy actual aa9) that would give good velocity with the least powder used with be unique, power pistol or universal clays. Id add herco in there too but its to dirty for semi auto guns. General do it all powder?? Hands down unique. Been that since i started loading 50 years ago and probably will be 50 years from now. But today gwpercle hit it on the head. Its what you can find to make it go bang and a guy cant be fussy.
    I've got 2lbs of Universal Clays I've never used for much for some reason. 1lb of imr target too
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Well, no powder at all at the gunshow today so I guess I'll look online and use up what I have in the meantime. No bullets either but luckily I bought a 175gr mold last year to try in the 40Cal so I can use that.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Unique and Accurate #5 for general plinking, Blue Dot and Accurate #7 for defensive loads.

Boolit Master
    I use my 10's for hunting. When I got the first, it was about a year or two before the XTP and Gold Dot came out. I tried all of the Nosler bullets from 135 up and others up to 200gr. I finally settled on the 180gr using Winchester bulk JHPs for the most part due to price. Once the GD found its way to my bench along with AA-9, I never had a need to look further.

For 20 something yrs that combo has rocked along putting hogs and deer in the freezer.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

No. 9 - Mainly hunting with a carbine and a G20 pistol. Defense in the woods. Meters well, good velocities, min flash.

Boolit Buddy
    AA#7 and AA#9 for the best velocities, but Blue Dot for the best accuracy.

Boolit Buddy

Best General 10mm Powder

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Longshot
    BE-86
    800X
    CFE Pistol
    Blue Dot

Gunshow this weekend so these are on the list
    Exactly what I was going to suggest. A friend has a great 10mm load with Longshot. I have not tried it yet but it was accurate and seems less fussy than Blue Dot. CFE is great for the heavier bullets in .40 and for 10 mm. 800x is a favorite in .44 mag medium-hot loads so should be good in 10mm.

Above is for hot loads. For light-medium loads I would try the W231, Unique, Power Pistol.

Boolit Master

Have ya tried Power Pistol in the 40? WOW its been amazing for me. Light to heavy seems better then #7!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Bub
    Good info just picked up a 10 and a 200 gr mould powder options are a little short but I have a few choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    My favorite is the discontinued HS7. If I were out of HS7, I would look at Power Pistol or CFE Pistol. In revolvers I use 2400 and 296 in 10mm if I want max performance.
    interesting. late last fall i stopped in a GS and they had containers of HS7 that came in from an estate sale. They were selling them for $10 ea. The powder looked and smelled good, so I brought home 2 cans. Can't wait to try them out this spring.

Banned

i only shoot 10s at full power and use mostly aa9.

Boolit Bub
    I use BE 86 in my pistols and blow back AR and AA 7 in my direct impingement AR.

Boolit Master
    I'm with happy guy, be86 is some pretty darn good stuff for semi auto handguns and a bunch more, not a snappy as long shot but gets the sure can get the velocity up there.

I shoot mostly heavier bullets in my 10mm. I've used most of the powders discussed above; have settled on Blue Dot, Vectan AO, VV 3N37, & Silhoutte.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12