RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lyman 358 - 156

Boolit Master

dancast, check your PMs.

Boolit Master

I have both molds ,358156 in plain base (dehorned) & dehorned in hp. Love the boolit design but it does`nt lend itself to bunny poot loads , reduced lead loads yes but low pressure loads NO

The 358446, I have the same set of molds solid & hp'ed it`s less tolerant to lower pressure than the 156s . The lube groove needs to be bigger for carbine length barrels ,both serve a nich in my line up up loads .

I mainly shoot a KEITH style heavy SWC form NOE ,my guns like em low & slow or fast & furious!! I bought the 5 cavity mold & glad I did!!

All the boolits above I have shot many loads with & other than a DEWC mold these are my goto boolits for SD/HD & hunting.

GP100man
    GP100man

Boolit Buddy
    Yes , the 360-160D @ Accurate molds is the one . For years I shot the Lyman version with the gas check . Then Tom @ Accurate Molds made for me 2 of the 4 cav versions w/o the gas check . I cannot begin to tell you the thousands and thousands of that bullet I have cast / shot . They come out weighing 160-162 grs using my alloy , WW's . I use them for my 357 loads . I fill the lube groove and the bottom crimp groove with lube . The accuracy suits me just fine . Regards Paul