I am working with a young man, teaching him to handload. We started with his 44 mag as it is a basic straight wall case. I have made him a few hundred bullets to work with as it will be a long time before he will be casting. Problem is, I don't shoot 44 mag since I am in love with 41 mag. I did have a plain base 250 grain Lyman mold in my inventory, but that was it. I really would like to find something lighter as a lot of his shooting will be paper and Unique. Therefore I am not really driven to buy an new (expensive) mould to make his bullets with. I am not going to ask a young man with 2 young kids to buy me a mould either.

So, I am looking for a reasonably priced mould that I would not feel bad asking him to pay me for. 2C would be awesome, but I have and do work with 1C moulds. Ebay prices are nuts, even for basic moulds. Does not have to be pretty, just make decent bullets as I can compensate for some flaws since they will be PC'ed. I would really like plain base as I don't keep 44 gas checks around either.

Let me know if you can help me out with an ok mould and an ok price.

Thanks Matt