Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What’s your favorite pocket knife

Boolit Buddy
    Victorinox florist knife. Absolute simplicity. Single blade ~3in SS. I had a Black one for years. Lost it and tried many other knives for a couple of years. Last summer I stopped at the texas state surplus store where they sell the airport confiscated knives. Picked up 2 of them (in red) for $3 each. I have one with me at all times like a good buddy.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Used to carry a lock back utility knife and various 3-4” assisted openers or otf’s.

More and more I carry a light hunter pattern, small of the back cross draw sheath knife made by member Von Gruff and a multi tool.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/438245790
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I sometimes carry a boot knife in the small of my back. I can grab it and throw it at about 20 feet pretty good. I don't carry a knife for a weapon much though. Been known to carry a small handgun in the same spot in a left handed IWB holster too, when I have something small. Right now, I ain't got anything other than full sized handguns.

Boolit Buddy
    My Buck #500 Squire. Been carrying it with me for forty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I sometimes carry a boot knife in the small of my back. I can grab it and throw it at about 20 feet pretty good. I don't carry a knife for a weapon much though. Been known to carry a small handgun in the same spot in a left handed IWB holster too, when I have something small. Right now, I ain't got anything other than full sized handguns.
    Bazoo: You need one of these. NAA Pug .22 RFM. Mine has the larger "Black Widow" Grip that allows you to get a better grip on the gun. I can actually hit stuff at <10 yards. It fits in a small "Sticky Holster" and carries very discretely in my Front Pants Pocket. Even in Shorts there is no printing. 8.7 oz loaded, and 9.3 with the holster.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0555.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	273482 WWII souvenirs. 5 1/2" folding blade.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

I have had a couple of the NAA minis in 22lr at differnt times. I got to where I could hit my 2/3 IPSC at 25 yards reliably. Not with anything of a pattern mind you. Both of them had failure of the base pin detent and mainspring. NAA sent me the parts as needed. I never carried either much, but shot then when I went out. I did carry one a while in my pocket but I normally carry so much other stuff I don't want to give up I don't have room for it. I never tried it but I'd liked to have tried the belt buckle.

I might add, I disassembled one of them once. It is a pain to reassemble. Not for the average shooter.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 12-20-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I carry 2 knives everyday. 1st is a case 3 blade, 4" main, small sheepsfoot, and utility blade. The 2nd is a cheapo Milwaukee razor knife that takes good old Stanley utility blades.
    I dont like cutting cardboard, wire, aluminum, etc. with my good case blades.
    I've carried the case for almost 18 years now, the mrs gave it to me for my birthday before we were married.

Boolit Master

Name:	iu-3.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	273616My first favorite was dad's Olsen OK It was lost at some point in the late 80s but I know he owned it for at least 30 years.
    My current favorite is a Case Mako bought new in 1980.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

My favorite pocket knife is the Case "mini-trapper".

Boolit Master
    I didn't like the s30v steel either as it was too hard to sharpen.
    S30V is one of my favorite steels! When you move to better steel, you have to move to better a sharper system! I use DMT diamond sharpeners almost exclusively now days and have no problems getting S30V, S60V, S90V, CM154, D2 etc. shaving sharp!

Boolit Mold
    Benchmade makes a nice single blade folding knife called Bugout in regular and small sizes. Worth checking out.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad5005 View Post
    Mine is the 125ot old timerAttachment 273114 ive carried one of these since I was in my 20s.I’ve tried a few others that were smaller or liter but alway came back to these.they are big enough to fit my hands and serve as a good skinner when needed
    Sounds like me talking. I wore out a 125OT. It is now a fixed blade knife. I have at least 4 folding Hunter knives.....uncle Henry (USA not Taylor brands China) and Case. I carry the Case every waking minute. Skinned and processed 8 deer this year with it.
    I recently wrote Case to ask them to produce a similar version single blade folding Hunter with liner lock. I haven't heard back from them yet.
    If it not a folding Hunter, it's a full sized sodbuster!!
    Little knife????? Kershaw Leek.....if only it'd stay sharp..

Boolit Master

I don't use a knife for opening crates, chipping paint, scratching rock, turning screws, prying. I use a knife for cutting of string and opening letters, cutting food and prying splinters out of my hide, whittling and scoring wood. Knife stuff, not screwdriver and pry bar stuff. I never will understand the folks that consider a knife any more than a tool to cleave soft material in twain. I have my leatherman tool for all those other jobs, and if I had to cut a piece of car tire or something similar very hard on a knife I'd use that blade as my "sacraficial" if I wasn't close enough to get a box cutter.

Perfect! I couldn't have said it better.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post

Name:	iu-3.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	273616My first favorite was dad's Olsen OK It was lost at some point in the late 80s but I know he owned it for at least 30 years.
    My current favorite is a Case Mako bought new in 1980.
    my 125 old timer is identical to the knife in your pic other than pattern on handle

My oldest daughter let her husband pick this one out for me years ago. I carry it when I’m dressed up. I love the festive handle; he was probably messing with me so the jokes on him. It is a great knife and one of my favorites for sure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2260F7DB-E1C6-4A3D-8253-8D4713604036.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	273927

Boolit Buddy

Name:	F6ED687A-24CF-4EC5-A25F-E7934312F5E3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	273929I carry a Case trapper knife.. I know it is a little big but holds a nice edge, which makes it worth carrying.
    Last edited by Dekota56; 12-25-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekota56 View Post

Name:	F6ED687A-24CF-4EC5-A25F-E7934312F5E3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	273929I carry a Case trapper knife.. I know it is a little big but holds a nice edge, which makes it worth carrying.
    I carried one of those for several years back in the 70's it was a handy knife.

Got Grampa's pocket knife when I was a kid, blade must have been made from straight razor steel. Lost it some where. Now just a cheap Buck in the pocket. Usually find it in the washing machine. Got a Leatherman MUT yesterday from so. Gonna take a while to figger out what all it does.
    Whatever!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast