Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for an Airgun and a good forum on them.

Boolit Buddy

Been following Sam Woods Outdoors you tube for a while and he has some really cool stuff, even has a fully auto air gun. He shoots and hunts with them. Just saw his video about air guns for self/home protection. He also has an air powered arrow gun. Just a hoot to watch his videos. Didn't know that air guns had advanced so much. Makes me want to get one. LOL

Sam woods. Don't miss his wedding day coon hunt
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylNY7oj-hH8

Boolit Man
    I'm another airgunner on GTA and AirgunNation. I shoot both PCP and "springers" in .177, .22 and .25. I will admit that hanging around these forums for a while will modify your cost and performance expectations for airguns and related optics.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemail View Post
    I'm another airgunner on GTA and AirgunNation. I shoot both PCP and "springers" in .177, .22 and .25. I will admit that hanging around these forums for a while will modify your cost and performance expectations for airguns and related optics.
    I do not mind paying for performance. The Daystate at $1000 seemed "reasonable" to achieve my objectives. Plus, if it works out as I hope, I will shed some high priced .22 RF's I have no use for. One is a NIB 9422 and the other a LNIB BL-22 Grade II. After investing in either a 75 cut ft tank or compressor I will wind up trading about even to get an accurate gun that is cheap to shoot and not affected by shortages. I was very tempted to get the DAR Gen 2 for $300 but their accuracy is only 1" at 30 yards.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    There are a lot of nice ones out there even in large Cal. I saw 30 cal. But not a lot of info. On it.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I do not mind paying for performance. The Daystate at $1000 seemed "reasonable" to achieve my objectives. Plus, if it works out as I hope, I will shed some high priced .22 RF's I have no use for. One is a NIB 9422 and the other a LNIB BL-22 Grade II. After investing in either a 75 cut ft tank or compressor I will wind up trading about even to get an accurate gun that is cheap to shoot and not affected by shortages. I was very tempted to get the DAR Gen 2 for $300 but their accuracy is only 1" at 30 yards.
    I have two Daystates, one in .22 and one in .25. They are keepers for sure!

Thanks to to OP, I too got bit yet again by the airgun bug and ordered a DAR in .22 for myself. At $300, it's a better deal for me than anything else on the market right now. It arrives Monday, I'll get some pix and targets uploaded by weeks end to see just how good/bad my decision was.

Boolit Master

I'm getting ready for "Joe and the Hoe" $2000 welfare check and then it's a FX Maverick and a suitable compressor. Let the good times roll.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    Thanks to to OP, I too got bit yet again by the airgun bug and ordered a DAR in .22 for myself. At $300, it's a better deal for me than anything else on the market right now. It arrives Monday, I'll get some pix and targets uploaded by weeks end to see just how good/bad my decision was.
    I came close to getting that and may still do it. Interested to get your take on it!!!

My Daystate arrived yesterday. Nice looking gun but too damn cold to shoot it now. Need to be buy a SCBA tank first anyway...no way I am pumping it up by hand.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

What size and psi rating will you be looking to get Don? I'm also looking to go the Scuba Tank route.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    What size and psi rating will you be looking to get Don? I'm also looking to go the Scuba Tank route.
    Scuba tank will not work for me. I need a 4500 psi tank as my gun fills to 3300 psi and refill at 2900 psi.

With w 75 Cu. Ft tank I will get about 120 refills and Just over 40 shots per fill. So nearly 5000 shots. I can get it filled for $10.00....so not too bad.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I pay 10.00 to get my tank filled at a fire extinguisher store.

Boolit Man
    If you have a nearby place that will fill to 4500 for cheap it's a lot better deal than owning and maintaining a compressor, in my opinion. If your airgun fixation takes you into big bores that refill after 3 shots, that will be a different matter.

Boolit Master

Ssparky 45
    SCBA, not SCUBA.
    4500 psi is normal fill for SCBA, way above SCUBA fill limit.

Tank set up is pricey, but nice to just stick the fill probe in and bring the gun back to full pressure, ready for another 25-75 shots.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemail View Post
    I used to use the Yellow airgun forum but I drifted away from airguns for a few years and when I went back it was gone. Does anyone know where all the Yellow forum users went? I really liked their classifieds.

I have way too many airguns, from springers to PCP and everything in between.

Boolit Man
    The Yellow Forum changed into the Airgun Warriors forum. Here is their classified section: https://airgunwarriors.com/classifieds/

I have no idea what is happening on that forum nowadays, I haven't looked at it in about three years.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I came close to getting that and may still do it. Interested to get your take on it!!!

My Daystate arrived yesterday. Nice looking gun but too damn cold to shoot it now. Need to be buy a SCBA tank first anyway...no way I am pumping it up by hand.
    I too like the Daystate but the numbers just don't add up for me to spend X3 more for the cheapest one on sale. Reports of 1MOA accuracy in the DAR out of the box suffice for me and with many stories of good slug accuracy using NSA slugs, I feel that I am at a place I will be comfortable in for some time.

My wife got a Diana Bandit for herself and while it is indeed not a competition pistol by any measure, she now has a PCP in hand that will allow me to purchase others in the future allowing me to further feed this addiction!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12