RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Problems with a MP mold?

Boolit Buddy

Problems with a MP mold?

So about a year ago I got on a Group buy for the MP 358-135 mold. I got the 8 cavity alum. Well I casted with it for one or two sessions and it did great and then the third time I used it not even three weeks later my mold blocks were off by over thousands of an inch I didn’t drop it I didn’t miss treated I let it cool down on my plate I treated it like a normal mold actually better because it was an expensive mold do you all have any ideas I haven’t been able to use this thing and I’m running out of 9 mm bullets I need to cast him up especially in today’s society and claimant I will try to take pictures in a little bit so you can see.

Boolit Buddy

Mine did the same thing. In my case one of the alignment pins had backed out a smidge I got it up to casting temp closed the blocks set it on a heavy flat metal object and gave the alignment pin a couple taps. Good as new now.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Flailguy View Post
    Mine did the same thing. In my case one of the alignment pins had backed out a smidge I got it up to casting temp closed the blocks set it on a heavy flat metal object and gave the alignment pin a couple taps. Good as new now.
    Okay silly question, how do you know which one if any are out of alignment

Boolit Buddy

Take the handles off, hold the blocks together and wigle them you should be able to feel movement

Boolit Master
    Heating the mold helps with moving the pins. Aluminum expands more/faster than steel. I drilled and crosspinned the alignment pins. I think the new molds are crosspinned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MoldPin2.jpg   MoldPin3.jpg   MoldPin0.jpg   MoldPin1.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.