Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever make venison liver jerky???

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I forgot I had the other half in my smoker all day and just got home and took it out. It’s perfectly done and still pliable. The temp was in the low teens today so it takes forever to get jerky done.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    That is just amazing .... I never would have thought to even try Deer Liver Jerky !

Great post , loved the photo's ... Just ...
    Gary
    Same here. Interesting.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Mom used to boil water and pour in on sliced liver to get the blood out. The whole house would smell awful then she would fry it after dipping it in flour ad onions and make gravy. Usually had mashed potatoes and some kind of vegetable and that would be supper. Didn’t like it then and still don’t like now. Promised myself never to eat anymore innards as long as live. So far I have been true to that promise.

Very interesting. I shot a <1 year old doe this year, and saved the liver. From eating deer liver before, I know it is much milder flavored than domestic-source liver. I sliced it and soaked it in saltwater for a couple of days to get out most of the blood, then blanched it in boiling water for a minute or two, breaded it, fried it, and smothered it with sauteed onions and crisp bacon bits. Went a long way toward changing my attitude toward liver.

My mom would cook chicken livers and onions and scrambled eggs for me when I would walk home from school for lunch. I loved it. I'm a pretty good cook, but I just can't duplicate the way she made them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12