Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: USPS Late, Wants Money For Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    . Do I get a refund or discount because it took twice as long for guaranteed 2 day shipping???
    If you do, you'll have to go see the lady in charge of that dept. I think her name is Helen Wait.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Last Saturday I had TWO....yes TWO packages I shipped 2 day priority that both listed on their tracking provided that BOTH were listed as delivery attempted- no access to delivery location! I called leupold custmer service immediately and they told me the had been opened for two hours before USPS listed the package undeliverable. I called USPS Monday morning and was told they do not deliver to businesses on Saturday because USPS figures they are closed. Both packages were redelivered late Monday. What an ulcer! One was a leupold scope sent in for warranty. The other went to Ruger to swap rings.

Oh, and I forgot to mention my two day priority packages were both on their 3rd business day on Saturday when they decided not to deliver them. So Monday was the 4th business day. Do I get a refund or discount because it took twice as long for guaranteed 2 day shipping???
    Pretty sure USPS doesn't count Saturday as a business day. So Monday delivery would be correct.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Last Saturday I had TWO....yes TWO packages I shipped 2 day priority that both listed on their tracking provided that BOTH were listed as delivery attempted- no access to delivery location! I called leupold custmer service immediately and they told me the had been opened for two hours before USPS listed the package undeliverable. I called USPS Monday morning and was told they do not deliver to businesses on Saturday because USPS figures they are closed. Both packages were redelivered late Monday. What an ulcer! One was a leupold scope sent in for warranty. The other went to Ruger to swap rings.

Oh, and I forgot to mention my two day priority packages were both on their 3rd business day on Saturday when they decided not to deliver them. So Monday was the 4th business day. Do I get a refund or discount because it took twice as long for guaranteed 2 day shipping???
    The way the mail has been lately you should just be happy you got them.My wife has several Christmas presents somewhere in the Postal System for three weeks tracking gives on route to destination message.Anyone who says they ship daily and have never had any issues well I won’t say what I think.

Boolit Master
    I ship approximately 250 packages a week and 5000+/- envelope/parcel post per month. I have less than 5 issues per year. I did start putting tracking on every package, and insurance on expensive items but can't say I have had to use it. I do use UPS (love them, 3 guy in 16 years - he's been with them for 7) and FedEx (seems that they don't have super good employee retention) and am satisfied with them all. I am sorry to hear about all of these mishaps - hopefully they all clear up soon!! And I guess I feel fortunate to not have them.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Pretty sure USPS doesn't count Saturday as a business day. So Monday delivery would be correct.

Monday still would have been business day #3...if Saturday was not counted as a business day. In all my years of sending and tracking I have never had a package listed as undeliverable as my 2 were both listed as. Both in in different states. I believe this will be the new normal for Usps on Saturday for not shipping to businesses.

The Small Flat Rate 2-day Priority Box I sent to Lee Precision on 11-25 shows "In-Transit: Arriving Late"

Really? Thanks for the information. USPS doesn't even know where the item is.

Picked up by my local PO driver - CHECK
    Departed my local PO - CHECK
    That's it. End of story.

Ordered a part off eBay on 11-5-20 and the seller shipped USPS Priority the same day I ordered. After three weeks it showed the same as my Lee part in the example above. Contacted seller and told him I knew it wasn't his fault the USPS dropped the ball again. He sent a replacement with the same shipping method. It made it from Missouri to Texas in three days as you would expect. On 12-7 the original order showed up ... after a month. I rejected the shipment RETURN TO SENDER so at least the seller got back his inventory.

All of the online orders I have made that were shipped UPS or FedEx have arrived in a timely manner. I can't trust USPS to send something to my MIL 45 miles away.

Boolit Master
    Just how bad is it? When my own rural mail carrier tells me to stop trying to track a package because it is now in God's hands, IT IS bad.

Boolit Master
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

USPS Premium Tracking™ Available

Am I am missing a business opportunity? Should I be late with all my jobs and charge my customers to find out why?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    My package arrived today. Took only 15 days to travel a distance that I could have driven in about 4 hours.

Boolit Buddy
    Was checking my Amazon account today and it showed that my last order was arriving late. That order was shipped USPS and arrived 6 weeks ago, so even the discount that Bazoos is getting for his attempts to 'plug the swamp's leak' is not getting info through correctly.
    Shaune509

Boolit Buddy
    Do I get a refund or discount because it took twice as long for guaranteed 2 day shipping???
    No, because priority mail is not a guaranteed service. Express Mail is, though, and you wouldn't get a discount, you'd get a total refund for the cost of postage.

Boolit Master
    Well I still don't know where the package is but Feedback was working and I told them what I thought.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Thread Drift. LOL They never delivered my package, I had to go to town and pick it up. It was a set of DROs for my mini mill. While this thread raged on I got them installed and they work great. How's that for Drift.
    I came back to this thread hoping for a happy outcome, glad your stuff was found!

Banned

USPS Late, Wants Money For Tracking

USPS strikes again...failed to deliver a package, now I have to go get it from the local PO. Got the status update before 7 claiming they attempted delivery at a time that was nearly 3 hours later than when I received the message.
    Don’t laugh—your Social Security checks are probably next!

Boolit Grand Master
    The tracking is only as good as the idiot logging it in, sorting, and delivering.
    Most days our mail is delivered after 6pm.
    But post office closes at 4:30p.
    When you have union backing, you just don't have to work as hard.

I've had a package waiting for pick-up from 12/14.
    According to usps tracking.
    I've had packages only take one day from the lower 48 to my door.
    Also had them take a few days, when on island, to get to my door.
    I hate it when tracking says "left at back door" and it's not there.
    Kind of like looking for a lost Easter egg.
    Heck, if I could have gotten a job at the post office, I would have been happy as a fly on a................ too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    USPS strikes again...failed to deliver a package, now I have to go get it from the local PO. Got the status update before 7 claiming they attempted delivery at a time that was nearly 3 hours later than when I received the message.
    Don’t laugh—your Social Security checks are probably next!
    Who gets a Social Security check mailed?

I've been on direct deposit since day 1.
    NRA Benefactor.

Banned
    You’re darn right, Burnt Fangers...those checks are too important to entrust to the USPS, that’s the reason they switched over to DD!
    Whose side are they on, anyway?

Boolit Grand Master
    The post office is only as good as it's workers.
    If the post office is a mess, it's because of the workers.
    If the mail is late, it is because of the workers.
    The main problem with the post office is the workers.
    Because they are union, they cannot be fired for being incompetent.
    They are incompetent because, according to the union, they have not been trained properly.
    It is the busy time of the year, so mail will be slower.
    Throw into the mess the chinese virus, and it will be much slower.
    I suspect, many times, when the package is late, it's late from the start.
    The person mailing it.
    After all, they got paid already, why rush.
    My package was awaiting pick-up for a week.
    I sent a email to the seller, and the same day it was on the move.
    coincidence, I think not.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    You’re darn right, Burnt Fangers...those checks are too important to entrust to the USPS, that’s the reason they switched over to DD!
    Whose side are they on, anyway?
    It's a cost savings measure. When it was introduced I think it was saving about $1 per check.

VA payments are the same way. It's very hard to get the VA to send a paper check.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I have two packages that have been awol since Dec.5, both going different directions. They sat in St. Louis for 11 days. I know several folks that have stuff disappearing forever with USPS. But yet I can get UPS shipped any where in the country in a day and a half.....

I will NEVER ship by post office again.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast