Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: USPS again - Term to use when lost package

Boolit Master

USPS again - Term to use when lost package

Someone posted a specific term recently to be used when trying to get the USPS to locate a package that is not moving - I have searched for that post and cannot find it. Anyone remember the term to use or know which thread it is in? Thanks for your help
    Being human is not for sissies.

You might as well just sit back and wait. USPS ain't gonna search for anything till after Christmas. You can bet on it.

Boolit Master

I've done that before - Post Mistress told me there are 120+ tractor trailers full backed up at the Nashua, NH hub. That's where tracking shows it's been sitting since Dec. 3rd - For what that's worth - As in maybe nothing

Boolit Buddy
    I have a package coming that took 6 days to get from Colorado to Indianapolis where it has been sitting for 4 days.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    I've done that before - Post Mistress told me there are 120+ tractor trailers full backed up at the Nashua, NH hub. That's where tracking shows it's been sitting since Dec. 3rd - For what that's worth - As in maybe nothing
    Probably full of Biden ballots waiting to be delivered to whatever district needs the extra votes.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Someone posted a specific term recently to be used when trying to get the USPS to locate a package that is not moving - I have searched for that post and cannot find it. Anyone remember the term to use or know which thread it is in? Thanks for your help
    I could teach you a few words you can’t use in church!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I had two gun shipments via USPS Priority to my FFL dealer which were delayed. When items didn't show up after two weeks and USPS website search had no record of the tracking numbers or parcel location, I copied the email and sent to ATF to report Theft of Firearm From Interstate Shipment and cc'ed the Postal Inspection Service. I was notified of the package location and status two days later. Excuse was that it was routed to the wrong regional distribution center and that they wait for an accumulation of screwups before sending a truck backtracking cross country to the direction it should have gone in the first place.

Similarly I had two Midway small parcels sent initially via UPS, then transferred to USPS for local delivery. I put in loss claim after 30 days and Midway issued credits on my card. Both packages arrived about 40 days after shipping date and about 1 week after the credit appeared on my card statement.

FedEx doesn't seem to have this trouble.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    My 2 latest purchases on eBay have been lost by the USPS. Garbage service.

Boolit Master

Alright folks - I found it. Here is the protocol - If the package does not show any movement for 7 days, go to or call either the departure location or destination with the tracking # number and tell the agent that the parcel is "Looped" (use that specific term) - This from a postal employee. That will prompt a claim and a physical search at the location where the transit tracking stopped. I'll let you know how it turns out. Glad we all got another chance to vent a bit. Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't think there is a soul here that hasn't had issues with the USPS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I had two gun shipments via USPS Priority to my FFL dealer which were delayed. When items didn't show up after two weeks and USPS website search had no record of the tracking numbers or parcel location, I copied the email and sent to ATF to report Theft of Firearm From Interstate Shipment and cc'ed the Postal Inspection Service. I was notified of the package location and status two days later. Excuse was that it was routed to the wrong regional distribution center and that they wait for an accumulation of screwups before sending a truck backtracking cross country to the direction it should have gone in the first place.

Similarly I had two Midway small parcels sent initially via UPS, then transferred to USPS for local delivery. I put in loss claim after 30 days and Midway issued credits on my card. Both packages arrived about 40 days after shipping date and about 1 week after the credit appeared on my card statement.

FedEx doesn't seem to have this trouble.
    Believe me This is intentional!

Boolit Master

I have medicine in transit from Coppell Texas to Amarillo Texas since the 2nd of December
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Someone sent a package from Mobile, AL to Demopolis, AL which is 3.5 hrs away on DEC 2nd. On DEC 9th the package was checked in to a distribution facility in New York...

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    "Delivery Challenged"

"Delivery Confused"

"Delivery Misalignment"

All will be politically correct terms to use when dealing with the PO. Or you could just say - "Hey . . . you lost my package . . . where is it?".

More than likely, your package got dumped in a Postal Sorting Center somewhere so they could use their transports to move Biden Ballots.

Boolit Buddy
    I currently have 5 packages stuck somewhere in the USPS system. All were shipped during the week of thanksgiving, all are listed as "in transit" on tracking, and none have moved anywhere since Dec 1st.

But stuff that shipped USPS late last week or early this week all got where it was going on time.

Like was said above, I think there are huge backlogs of loaded trucks sitting at distribution hubs waiting to be sorted. Since the average postal employee can only manage an hour or two of actual work in an average day of sitting on *** and complaining about what isn't their job, they got backed up with early Christmas shipping and just decided to punt on the backlog and focus on the new stuff. I'm hopeful it'll all un-logjam in a couple weeks, but I suppose we'll see.

I ain't going to even bother checking on anything until after Christmas...

Boolit Master
    The USPS did a great job delivering the fake Biden ballots.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Probably full of Biden ballots waiting to be delivered to whatever district needs the extra votes.

I’m uncertain the font color was warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.