Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, Dec. 07

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, Dec. 07

Good morning all. Happy Monday, let's start this week off right. Today's devotion reminds me how grateful I am for God's love..."that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost, but now I'm found"...
    Have a safe and blessed day. Keep praying.

Monday, December 7, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    The Reason for His Birth

“For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
    —Luke 19:10

All around us are reminders that Christmas is here. Of course, we’ll be thinking a lot this month about the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. But why did Jesus come to this earth?

Jesus was born in a stable in Bethlehem to save us from our sin.

In fact, Jesus revealed the reason He came to this earth when he was talking to a man from Jericho named Zacchaeus. He was a tax collector, which means that he took advantage of people. Zacchaeus effectively ripped people off. He didn’t have a friend in the entire place. No one wanted anything to do with him.

When Jesus showed up in Jericho one day, it was a big deal. Everyone wanted to get a look at Him. If that were happening today, everyone would be asking for a selfie. The problem was that Zacchaeus was too short to see above the crowd. So he climbed a tree to get a view of Jesus.

Can you imagine Zacchaeus’s shock when Jesus stopped, looked up, made eye contact with him, and called him out by name? Jesus told him, “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today” (Luke 19:5 NLT).

Zacchaeus was overjoyed, and he welcomed Jesus into his house. But the people of the city criticized this saying, “He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner” (verse 7 NLT).

Exactly. After all, how can you reach a sinner if you don’t spend some time with him? Jesus said, “For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost” (verse 10 NLT). That’s why He came: to seek and save lost people.

That day, Zacchaeus walked into his home a sinner and walked out a saint. That’s what spending time with Jesus will do.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, Jesus came to save me!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Our Lord sought out the sinners .

Mark 2;17
    When Jesus heard it, He said unto them, “They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

One of the things that has always turned me "off" is when stuffy self-proclaimed Christians turn up their nose at some unfortunate person, and strut off thinking they're better than the lowly person. Or when "Christians" refuse to approach a person with a bad reputation and invite them to church, when those are the very most needful people of a good church experience. The "ranking system" we use is SO dysfunctional for a real Christian. I believe strongly that much of our problems of today are due to "good Christians" neglecting their responsibilities to each other, and particularly those we don't feel "comfortable" with. Had we done our due diligence, we'd be living ina very different world today, I'm sure.