MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: More brass from the past

Boolit Master

More brass from the past

With the covid rampant, good time to clean out and inventory the ammo cans I use to store the spare brass in.

Today, I hit a big can.

First off was two boxes of 1960s long seated Palma Match brass loaded by Remington. This was for the Army's Model 70 bull guns used in high power matches. Long seated so it wouldn't fit into the M1s. The boys ran these through a seater and fired them in the M1s anyway. Had the primer pockets drilled instead of punched. Bad annealing on the lot I had access to and we got a lot of neck splits. The old Red and Green Remington boxes. Good brass if you worked around the brass aging splits.

Next was a batch of the original prototype production M-16 ammo that was loaded with IMR 8208 and caused all the hassle on the M-16s in VN. Head stamped 223 REM-UMC. No box. Had a bunch of this and made .222 Remington brass from it. Some still surviving.

Next up was 75 rounds of .30/30 brass proof cases. These are tin plated instead of nickel plated and tumble with a satin finish. Good loading brass if you ever encounter any. Grab it.

All for today but there are more boxes to come and i'll post my finds./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Thanks beagle ... interesting post about unique ammunition
    Regards
    John