Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: For .303 Brit reloaders, Privi Partizan unprimed brass on sale

Boolit Buddy

For .303 Brit reloaders: why you want Privi Partizan brass on sale

I posted this elsewhere for our Canadian neighbors, after I stumbled over a link to a Canadian source for Prvi Partisan on sale at prices similar to what they were from Graf's over ten years ago:

$46/per 50 versus the usual $57/per 50 (or something like that) - in Canuck Bux of course.
    [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting/303-british-new-prvi-brass-bags-50-prvi303b-50[/URL]

Relevant to all who reload for Lee Enfields, cast bullets or not, a reminder of why using Prvi - or similar quality brass from ball ammo like Greek HXP - is really helpful when feeding Lee Enfields. Along with properly prepping bulk brass prior to first firing in Lee Enfields, and all resizing after that. Compiled and conglomerated from forums elsewhere so I don't have to rewrite what has already been pointed out.

Prvi Partizan cases are .010 thicker and heavier in the base web area than ANY other brand of .303 case.

Fired Prvi and HXP cases below. Prvi Partizan on the left, Greek HXP on the right both once fired cases in the same Enfield. Prvi Partizan brass is made like the more robustly made American military cases are.

The Prvi cases will change your outlook on headspace compared to flimsy American made cases.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	privihxp-1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	272540
    Last edited by MOC031; 12-03-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    More descriptive detail of the how's and why's, complete with illustrative pictures that help better understand the issues...

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2092458-Your-opinion-on-pressure?p=17598998&viewfull=1#post17598998[/URL]

Short story: as far as brass for Lee Enfields goes, Privi Partisan is far and away the best commercial brass available for Lee Enfields.

I’ve been very pleased with PPU brass in high velocity loads in 22-250, .243, and 25-06. They are holding up to my near maximum loads perfectly.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOC031 View Post
    I posted this elsewhere for our Canadian neighbors, after I stumbled over a link to a Canadian source for Prvi Partisan on sale at prices similar to what they were from Graf's over ten years ago:

$46/per 50 versus the usual $57/per 50 (or something like that) - in Canuck Bux of course.
    [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting/303-british-new-prvi-brass-bags-50-prvi303b-50[/URL]

Relevant to all who reload for Lee Enfields, cast bullets or not, a reminder of why using Prvi - or similar quality brass from ball ammo like Greek HXP - is really helpful when feeding Lee Enfields. Along with properly prepping bulk brass prior to first firing in Lee Enfields, and all resizing after that. Compiled and conglomerated from forums elsewhere so I don't have to rewrite what has already been pointed out.

Prvi Partizan cases are .010 thicker and heavier in the base web area than ANY other brand of .303 case.

Fired Prvi and HXP cases below. Prvi Partizan on the left, Greek HXP on the right both once fired cases in the same Enfield. Prvi Partizan brass is made like the more robustly made American military cases are.

The Prvi cases will change your outlook on headspace compared to flimsy American made cases.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	privihxp-1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	272540
    MOCO31,

I agree with you about PRVI .303 brass. Why pay $.92 per brass case when loaded Prvi ammo is $18.95 per 20 round box or $.94 per round. I buy Prvi loaded .303 ammo and shoot it in my SMLEs to fireform cases for individual arms. Prvi is very good brass.

My many SMLEs have different headspace issues that are easily dealt with by BACKING off the Resizing die to get only a slight "crunch" fit. Fire forming new brass makes for long case life.

Adam
    Last edited by Adam Helmer; 12-03-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Boolit Master
    Shoots good. Reloads just fine in .303. Good brass.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

I noticed the case web expansion on my Greek ammo. Prvi brass shows little expansion at the web fired in the same rifle. I don't resize my cases so it doesn't matter to me. I do size the necks sometimes but even then only minimally. I've found Prvi brass to be good but have any of y'all weighed them? How does the weight variation compare to other brass?

Prvi 182gr bullets shoot pretty good in my rifle too.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    I've found Prvi brass to be good but have any of y'all weighed them? How does the weight variation compare to other brass?
    Never weighed them; did take a micrometer to assorted .303 British case rims.

Going on memory here, the thickest rims I found were on some Dominion ammunition. Some wartime DAC 43 Mk VII was next, then Privi Partisan and Greek HXP was pretty much identical. Winchester Super Speed was pretty close, not too far behind.

But some current Winchester and Remington... bleahhhh.

Boolit Master
    Also excellent in 6.5x55 Swedish. Routinely up to 15 jacketed loadings with FL resizing for use in various rifles before the necks start cracking; it would probably last longer if I were careful about annealing.