Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Got to the range with a CZ 455 Varmint Evolution.

Got to the range with a CZ 455 Varmint Evolution.

I stopped by one of my longer distance gun shops a little over a week and a half ago. While I was there, I notice this rather odd looking rifle on the shelf.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CZ evolution.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	272513
    After looking it over, I went outside and did some investigating about it. Turns out, this model was discontinued before the 457 model came out.
    The stock looks a bit non-traditional but I can live with that part. The reviews said it shoots very well.
    So, I went back inside and traded for it since I seldom go to this gun shop without trade goods.
    I picked it up the day before Thanksgiving. This Monday, the rail I ordered for it came in. Yesterday, i mounted the rail and the scope I had for it.
    Today it went to the range.
    Weather was 39-42 degrees, sunny, and no wind. Not a bad day for shooting in December.
    The first two sighting shots I fired at 25 yards went through the same hole.
    It only took 5 more shots to get it close at 50 yards. By the time I had fired 15 shots through it, I was getting half inch groups at 50 yards.
    I didn't have my best ammunition with me so I don't know what it will do with the really good stuff yet.
    At the end, I fired three groups using Norma Match through it and got two five shot groups that measured about 3/8" and one that measure just over 1/2 ". I had a flyer on the last group that opened it up a bit.
    I will need to wait for the temperatures to get higher before I can really see what it will do. So far it shoots as well as or maybe just a bit better than my 457 MTR.
    The trigger isn't quite as good as the one on my 457 MTR but it is good enough for now.
    This may be the last range trip outdoors for this winter but it ended on a great note. I am looking forward to next spring and going back outdoors with these rifles.

Boolit Master
    Every CZ rimfire I've ever had the chance to shoot has been extremely accurate.
    Admittedly that's only been a few rifles, but the trend is there.
    I suspect you did well for yourself.
    Congratulations on a smart buy.

Uncle R.

Boolit Master

Well done, well done
    Great report
    and
    Congratulation

Give Federal 719 a try, not too expensive and I like it.
    BUT I do weigh it out

Mike

p.s.

https://www.finfeatherfur.com/federa...e-ldrn-50-box/
    Last edited by skeettx; 12-02-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    very nice cz, and great shooting
    looks a lot like the savage bsev, one that's been on my bucket list for some time now.

I have been looking at the Savage 22 rifles for some time. I like the looks and I like the trigger on them. I just haven't seen reports of them being consistently accurate like the CZ rifles are.
    The best part was I got it cheaper than what most stores want for the Savage since the CZ455 in this configuration was discontinued.

I suspect the stock was made at the same factory for both rifles. CZ says the stock on the evolution model was made by Boyd's. It looks identical the the Savage stock.
    Last edited by tazman; 12-02-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I'd say maybe Savage got their stock from Boyd's too. Yes it is a good looking stock as is the Boyd's stock on the CZ At-one that I bought yesterday. We have some nice 22's now days.