Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy buyers out there

Boolit Grand Master

Crazy buyers out there

Was just checking on evilbay for any reloading tools.
    Old Lee single stage "C" press............$152.50
    Old Lee Pro 1000 three hole...............$355.00 with $73.30 s/h
    Old Lee Pro 1000 three hole...............$450.00 with $25.00 s/h
    Lee hand press..................................$81.00
    Yet RCBS, Lyman, Herters, single stage going for $100.00
    Must be something about old Lee stuff.
    It's crazy out there.

Boolit Grand Master

Were those closed auctions and the actual selling Price, or were they "asking / min bid" prices? They can ask whatever they want what they get is another thing.

Putting a high price on it makes some that dont research it think it worth a lot more than what it is. Its a mind game. Unfortunately with the current shortages it may work.

Another is family members research these items and the first press that comes up close weather its lyman rcbs ch or whatever that even looks close is what it is. Despite color and differences

If you're seeing the asking price rather than the 'sold for' price, you're not really getting an accurate picture of the market.

Looking at the bidding history and how long a item has be up on the market will give ya a better indication of current value.

For example:
    If I put our 2002 Explorer on auction starting at $30,000, that doesn't mean I'll get it, or that yours is worth that much either.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I seen the c press, that was active bids! Nothing I got is selling like that though. Well, the hand press, but it'll have to get a little higher for me to sell. Half of a Buchanan ought to swade me.

Watching 100 count boxes of Hornady 9MM XTPs go for north of $40 on gunbroker.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Buddy
    Seeing 1000 count primers going for close to $200.00 a box

Boolit Master
    You should see the prices people are asking for lead ingots in FB marketplace. $25 for 5 lbs, plus shipping, and that's one of the lower prices.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Last night I was cruising through the bullet molds on FB just to kill some time. I pulled up the auctions ending soonest and there was a Lyman 2 cavity 452 SWC mold - nothing rare - that had a large number of bids and was well north of $120 - I didn't bookmark the auction but I should have so I could have seen what it finally sold for.

People are just plain nuts IMHO at what they are paying for things due to the shortage but it's a case of 'supply and demand". I sometimes think that a lot of folks - in normal times - don't know the to look for things or won't take the time to look up suppliers and instead, pay the inflated prices on FB.

An item wi worth what a willing buyer is willing to pay at a certain time. We all know that. If you look and keep track on FB, some people don't do or are too lazy to do the research to see what the value of an item actually is - others put it up at a super inflated price and keep re-listing it time after time - probably int he hopes that a sucker will come along . . . and sometimes one does.

Boolit Master

Desperate buyers, not crazy. Well established loaders can relax and observe the madness, but a guy starting out may reasonably think he's seeing the last of availability of what he needs to get going. It takes only two such bidders to send prices up.

Boolit Master

I ordered a universal expander die on flebay. It didn't ship after a few days. I contacted the seller. He said with in 7-10 business days. Im thinking he sold something that was not in stock. Didn't over pay at least.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Thanks for the heads up. I've got three of the Lee "C" presses, I wonder if the bubble wrap they shipped in, is considered Vintage?

Boolit Buddy
    When researching on eBay, always use the filters, and sort for completed/sold items.

JM

Boolit Buddy
    I have one older Lee deluxe turret and a Lee C press that I made a plywood base with a cavity to hold more spent primers.If I sell it ebay should I list it as customized.I have a ebay account have bought stuff but thinking about selling some.I think some of the buyers need someone to rub over their heads and feel for lumps they had to have fallen and hit their heads.

Boolit Buddy
    $88.00 plus shipping is a lot to pay for a used Lee C press.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9082E184-B7B1-41C6-996A-7F476ED68204.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	272558

Banned

The Lee C press the OP listed is going for more than I paid for my Lee Challenger press kit. I had a friend ask me the other day if I would sell my Challenger press to him so he could get started. I wouldn't sell it at even an inflated price. Which I wouldn't do, I wouldn't feel right doing that.

Boolit Grand Master
    These are active auctions, with bids!!!!!!!
    These are just a few I picked out.
    Many more going on.
    I can't believe people would pay for a used tool, when you can get a brand new one for less.
    I'm guessing PT Barnum was right after all.

Boolit Master

See the Egress. This way to the Egress >
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Look at some of the auctions with bids on primers on gun auction sites. Some primers are now over $ 300.00/1000. Powder also can be $ 100/# for Reloder 15.

I'll soon turn 67 and have accumulated a good deal more than I need in the way of reloading equipment and dies. A good deal of it, I haven't used in years. Seeing prices where they are, sure makes it tempting to do a 'shop clean up' and get most of my money back, probably even come out way ahead. Then, there's the side of me that feels I'd be taking advantage of people if I did. Fear is a heck of a thing.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Was just checking on evilbay for any reloading tools.
    Old Lee single stage "C" press............$152.50
    Old Lee Pro 1000 three hole...............$355.00 with $73.30 s/h
    Old Lee Pro 1000 three hole...............$450.00 with $25.00 s/h
    Lee hand press..................................$81.00
    Yet RCBS, Lyman, Herters, single stage going for $100.00
    Must be something about old Lee stuff.
    It's crazy out there.
    I'm not a Lee basher but about the only Lee press I'd even consider would be that big one they make now that can handle .50 BMG. All the rest of them just seem flimsy and cheap to me, no way I'd get one of those with all the Bair, RCBS, Lyman, Pacific, Herters, etc going dirt chap at gun shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast