Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: M1 in 270 Win ¿molds?

M1 in 270 Win ¿molds?

I picked up a M1 grand at a show a few weekends ago has a new 270 barrel on it. Looks like he put a new receiver on it as well since it’s newer than the rest of the gun.

He recommended jacketed for the hand loads but I don’t wanna pay .13$ a round for the bullets. I’ll probably nab a box or 2 just to break the barrel in but would like to know what y’all use for molds for your cast 270 win?

And what hardness for the alloy should I be shooting for? all of the cast I have done for rifles have been with my bp cartridge guns and they like em soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I use the RCBS 270-150gr mold and the Lee 277-135RF. Any alloy from ww to a little harder will work from 1400 to 2100fps. Lower loads get Red Dot 10grains, faster loads get W748.

Thanks I went googling for molds and found there’s not much selection for this cal, that said I’ll have to keep a eye out for a used rcbs mold. But I’ll order a Lee mold and try to get started any particular gas checks to use or just some run of the mil .27cal work fine in these guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Any check from homemade to Sages to Hornady. I found no difference in accuracy, go cheap as possible.

Boolit Master
    Even with fairly conservative velocities, it's not impossible to overload the gasport and bend the operating rod, so exercise all due caution.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    If you are going to drop money on a mold, you might as well get a Schuster adjustable gas port

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.