WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Called RCBS today.

Called RCBS today.

One of my LAM II has some problems due to a ham handed SIL.

30 minute wait on hold due to high call volume. Ordered new pressure cap, pressure threaded rod, fiber washer, O Ring.

She asked for phone number, address, and e-mail address. After providing the information requested she told me they would get them right out.

Have a nice day.

What about my credit card info, no charge, warranty items.

Thank you very much RCBS.
    Big Bore = 45+

RCBS has been doing this since before any of the others caught on to what good customer service does to promote your business. They were the first, and have always been pleasant to deal with.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Par for RCBS and one of the reasons there is a lot of green on my bench.

Kev
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Buddy
    I've always had the same experience with RCBS, even with stuff that I broke. Admitted to them I broke it, sent replacement parts, no charge.

Boolit Buddy

RCBS Customer Service is outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by The Dar View Post
    I've always had the same experience with RCBS, even with stuff that I broke. Admitted to them I broke it, sent replacement parts, no charge.
    I remember when I called RCBS years ago to ask if I could purchase a few die lock rings to replace the old-style lock rings on many older RCBS die sets that I owned (the new style lock rings were a great improvement over the old style)...The lady who took my call said: "no problem, I will send you the new-style lock rings at no charge; how many sets of dies do you need lock rings for?" I replied that I had 2 dozen die sets but would be happy to have just a few sets and I could swap them out among the many dies that I have. Guess what I got in the mail free of charge: new lock rings for all of my die sets. RCBS is number one.

I own an RCBS JR3 that I bought in 1973 as a teenager (Now a senior citizen). I damaged the ram face and
    called RCBS to see if I could obtain the part. They said: no problem and no charge, and they would send it at their expense.
    That's excellent service.
    It took a month (I live in Canada) but I got the ram along with a couple of shell holder wire spring clips and the toggle link pivot pin as well.
    That 47 year old press has loaded many rounds for me and is still working great today.
    Last edited by Prairie Cowboy; 11-30-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Boolit Master

RCBS was more expensive initially - not knocking quality equipment. There are cheaper Mfg's whose products do the same thing. Perhaps RCBS knows (or their business model demands) that taking care of their existing customers will create Customers for Life who will continue to purchase RCBS products AND generate positive word-of-mouth advertising that is "free" to RCBS ("conspiracy theory" here).

For RCBS it may be pennies on the dollar as insurance premiums (collected across a Billion sold parts), probably pre-paid by customers who wouldn't know, but is wholly appreciated by the User when the needs arise. Most will not abuse the producer in this regard. Most will thank them for "service above and beyond". I know I don't and will.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Regrettably, my first RCBS was was the infamous Green Machine. I never broke a part on it because after loading a few thousand rounds on it I gave up. It soured me on RCBS.

It was over 30 years before I bought another press from them. An elderly gentleman from the Trap club was selling all his stuff and I bought an old Rock Chucker. It will still be making ammunition 100 years from now.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Regrettably, my first RCBS was was the infamous Green Machine. I never broke a part on it because after loading a few thousand rounds on it I gave up. It soured me on RCBS.

It was over 30 years before I bought another press from them. An elderly gentleman from the Trap club was selling all his stuff and I bought an old Rock Chucker. It will still be making ammunition 100 years from now.
    every manufacturer builds a turkey sooner or later. Its how they treat their customers that keeps them coming back!

Boolit Master
    redding treats their customers just as good. the difference is that All redding products are made in USA. you guys go ahead and support rcbs. a lot of their equipment comes from china. i'm proud to say that i will never again buy rcbs products.

Boolit Buddy
    My first post
    The RCBS manuals I learned to reload from #7 and # 8 the Handloading chapter was written by the staff people that have been there and done it there self's .

Boolit Grand Master

SIL ? Your Sister In-Law broke your lube-sizer ? ...
    I need to introduce her to my BIL , Brother In-Law... he can break an Anvil .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Addition to my original post.

I use to be a Lyman customer. My first press in 1973 was a Spartan, with Lyman Dies for 357 and 44 mag Lyman 055 powder measure, case trimmer, the scale was the only thing that wasn't Lyman that was a Redding. I still have and use these.

Latter I bought thier Lubber/sizer and used it for many years. It gave up the ghost wend the pressure rod pulled out of the bottom. I wasn't smart enough or had the tools to fix it. Bought another one and years later bought a second one.

Long story short I had heard (on this board) about RCBS warranty and I knew Lyman sucked, so I started buying RCBS stuff.

Most of the Redding equipment i couldn't afford on my Marine Corps pay, but the PX a Camp Lejeune sold RCBS stuff, which made it affordable.

Today I buy Hornady Dies and use my Dillon 550B for most of my loading.
    Big Bore = 45+

SIL = Son In Law
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bimus View Post
    My first post
    The RCBS manuals I learned to reload from #7 and # 8 the Handloading chapter was written by the staff people that have been there and done it there self's .
    That makes me feel old ... My RCBS Manual is marked Number 1 and I consider it one of my up to date manuals ... old slip up on quick like , and I'm not That Old !

Welcome to Cast Boolits bimus , good to have you !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned
    Welcome to CB bimus

Like previously mentioned, RCBS isn't the cheapest BUT their guarantees and customer service are excellent. I own and use a lot of green reloading equipment.

I do have one complaint, I recently got an e-mail from them selling RCBS BRANDED GEAR I refuse to pay $25 for a hat that has RCBS on it (pay to advertise for them) my 2¢

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    What’s the bad reputation about the RCBS Green Machine ?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Fortunately my RCBS is old stuff . I'm pleased with their service the few times I've needed it .

Redding was helpful when I needed a seating stem for a second hand die set .
    For the difference in cost I would expect such service .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I have a Green Machine and love it. Mine works great. Bought it new in early 1980's. In an article I recently read, RCBS learned, that much of the difficulties were, people failed to read, or understand the directions in the owners manual. The designer lamented, that he over estimated the mechanical aptitude of the general public. After much fanfare over the development, and manufacture, and close to the 2020 equivalent of 1 million dollars invested, it was scrapped in favor of a simpler design progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    redding treats their customers just as good. the difference is that All redding products are made in USA. you guys go ahead and support rcbs. a lot of their equipment comes from china. i'm proud to say that i will never again buy rcbs products.
    That's not true. In talking to the reps in the RCBS booth at the SHOT Show several different years, they've consistently told me the vast majority of their products are made in the USA, with only the electronics made in China, since they couldn't be sourced here.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast